• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm throwing it out there. The 7.3 powerstroke is how God intended diesels to sound. Absolutely perfect.

I will say that the 7.3 does sound a lot better than the very flatulent sounding 6.4 and 6.7 Powerchokes and Derpamax Diesels. It is a solid well built engine. I love the guys that have the 8" exhaust on the new Powersmokes and when they step on the accelerator, you hear a ball bearing turbo whine (also a sin) and what sounds like a fart out the tail pipe. That swing vein VG turbo didn't do the exhaust note any favors. But alas, God intended diesels to have an I-6 growl to them. V-8 is a great engine design, but I think they sound better as gasoline engine.

*Take all that is written above with a grain of salt. I work for Cummins and drive a truck with a 5.9L Cummins ISB...so might be a little biased. :)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Onebadv8, how did you like the new glass? We never really heard from you on this.

I do like it, its an upgrade over my previous FFP scope. Glass is clearer, target turrets have better more audible clicks, and I like the reticle better. Lots of good pluses, I can't wait to stretch it out a bit now.
    I got it from A&A Optics, if you need any optics I can't recommend him enough. Great service, knowledge, and advice. I think it showed up one or two days after I called him. :yesway:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    What a great writeup and hospitality from lovemywoods and OneBadV8.
    There's just something special about a high quality turnbolt fired at distance to see what real accuracy looks like.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Video or it didn't happen! :)

Don't have a video yet... but I have a pic.

GR0munK.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom