My car was keyed yesterday. Random act of vandalism.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    This type of sh-- errr stuff really pisses me off. There is no call for it, I go out of my way to make sure that I do not tap someone elses car with my door, or park so close that they cannot enter their vehicle. People lack respect, they don't have it for themselves, so why in the hell should they have it for others, or other's property.

My mom's husband was at the store last week, and came out to find someone trying to scrape the NOBAMA sticker off the back window. While I may not agree with the "hope and change" stickers on peoples cars, I would never try to remove it from someone else's vehicle.

Why is respect of other's property such a difficult concept to grasp? Would you key your own car? Probably not, why do it to someone elses? I dunno....:xmad:

:ranton: Sorry about the rant.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    You leave things unattended, deal with the consequences.

What?

Do you not own a car? If you do, my bet is you leave it unattended on a daily basis. Unless you can afford to pay someone to watch it while you are at work, in a store, etc.

But yes, the OP is clearly at fault for thinking he could leave his car somewhere and he wouldn't be at risk for vandalism.:n00b:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Am I reading this right? There are several people that get a hard-on when people pass them on the highway and take it as a personal challenge?

Dont worry karma will come back around or is already there. The person that did it probably lives some miserable life where he hates his job, has no friends and no girlfriend and is just a sad angry person.

I'd say the person would have more reason to be angry if he had a girlfriend. Who really wants to be yelled at and be told what to do and when to do it? Also, having gone to shows there in the past I'd say that the person that did it was with a group of friends (and possibly his girlfriend) and was simply showing off. Get people in large groups and stupid stuff happens.

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    That sucks almost as bad the people that do that crap

I have had similar things happen in the past. It sucks. I actually got a cheap beater truck to drive to places like that. But I have people park 2" away from my drivers door of my Mustang even when I parked out in the boonies. I've morons drag their trailer down my truck trying to maneuver it in the parking lot.

Unfortunately people suck, and society has said it not nice to give someone an ass kicking no matter how much they need it.

Sorry to hear about it.

Diamond did an awesome job on the wifes truck after a caddy driver apparently could not see a truck 30 ft away from him. They will do an awesome job. I saw a sweet white 2011 5.0 they had that did great work on in addition to my truck. When I finally get some time to finish rebuild my 92 Mustang, they will be getting it for the paint work. Alan does great work and has the best crew and equipment in the business.

Last edited:

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    That sucks and sorry it happened to you. It takes a real coward to do something like that. I had somebody go around my entire truck while skiing up in Michigan a couple years ago.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    But I have people park 2" away from my drivers door of my Mustang even when I parked out in the boonies.

When I first got my car, my generation of Mustang (2006) was the only one of the new re-born muscle cars out there. Challenger was announced, but not out yet. Camaro was still probably in concept stage. So it was a little more noticeable at that time.

At that time, I was living in Toledo Ohio, and I would park clear out in the boonies. And I would come back from the store, and I could see another car parked next to me. In my mind I was saying, "you piece of sh...crap." But then I'd get closer, and realized that they weren't being an ******* by parking inches from my car, they were actually probably telling me "nice car" by leaving one spot in between. Happened a few times like that. Even saw a father an son walk around the car taking a close look at it as I came out of the store.

But, within 2 weeks of owning the car, my apartment had a parking garage. I would park up on the 4th level, where the majory of everyone wouldn't even go past the 2nd level. And I come out to my car, and somehow someone swiped my bumper. Just grazed it. But left two strokes that looked like someone ran a 3in paint brush over it, just scratching deep enough to scratch the clearcoat. I walked up and down every level and looked at every car to see if I could figure out who had a bumper that could have left a mark like that. I never figured it out, so I just let it go. I've still got those marks on my bumper today. Never did get them fixed.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Am I reading this right? There are several people that get a hard-on when people pass them on the highway and take it as a personal challenge?

Not getting passed on the highway. When someone wants to use a non-existent lane to benefit themselves by thinking they can get in front of you.

An example. Going north on Meridian, just north of 456 a few stoplights, there is a stoplight where after the light turns green, the right lane merges with the center lane. I will be stopped in the center lane, and there will always be people who pull into that far right lane, not the turning lane, because they assume they will be able to get in front of you. People have this idea around here, that they will do anything that will benefit themselves. And when I see someone who is obviously doing this I will play with them.

They don't yield, and this isn't Chicago. Its just a major pet peeve of mine. I've never seen so many people do everything they can to get in front of you. EVERY TIME, when someone is on a two lane highway, and is the far left lane, and they need to exit right, but are right beside you, they will speed up, and cut you off too close for comfort. Rather than slowing down, and getting behind you to exit.

Ok, this is going off in a side rant. Sorry. But I think what the deal is, is the drivers education in this state. This is my personal opinion, I don't know exactly what's involved with getting a license around here. But in Illinois, its apart of the school curriculum. You spend a half a year driving with an instructor. And are required to drive I think 25 hours with your parents, or qualified person in your off time. I see too many people around here who don't know the rules of the road, or just make really dumb moves.

I'll appoligize in advance if this is wrong, but this is how I see it as an outsider of this state.

Top Bottom