My car was keyed yesterday. Random act of vandalism.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Obviosly, a post by someone that doesn't realize that the only way to keep cars from getting dinged, scratched, dented, rusted, sun faded, oxidized, etc is to not drive them and keep them indoors in a climate controlled environment.

Once you realize that cars, like guns, are tools....then you realize that crap happens. Don't like your "tool" to have wear and tear on them, don't use them. Polish them and put them in your display case like trophys and you don't have to worry about them.

So if I took your gun, and jammed it down into the mud and gravel, plugging the barrel, you'd be cool with that? Interesting.

I get stuff happens to tools. Normal wear and tear. I have have paint chips from rocks and debris in my car. But causing deliberate damage to someone elses tools is just ignorant.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Were you wearing socks with flip-flops at the concert? That may be the culprit.

Eeeoow, I thought the same thing but hesitated to introduce humor into an emotionally charged issue.

They may be a Camaro...

This was my second thought. The truth is that they were probably just punk kids thinking that this would be cute. It is for this reason that I have a secondary vehicle that starts everytime that I use just to get me to work and to any other place that I might experience crowds. We used to call them "beaters" and for good reason...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Obviosly, a post by someone that doesn't realize that the only way to keep cars from getting dinged, scratched, dented, rusted, sun faded, oxidized, etc is to not drive them and keep them indoors in a climate controlled environment.

Once you realize that cars, like guns, are tools....then you realize that crap happens. Don't like your "tool" to have wear and tear on them, don't use them. Polish them and put them in your display case like trophys and you don't have to worry about them.

Nah....just a regular guy that is pissed because some A$$-hat keyed his car....not regular wear and tear in any ones (maybe you would not be Pi$$ed) book. No one should touch any one else's stuff....period.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    So if I took your gun.......I'd have you arrested for theft.........and jammed it down into the mud and gravel, plugging the barrel, you'd be cool with that? If I let you borrow it and you did that, it's my fault for trusting you.........

You leave things unattended, deal with the consequences.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield

And vandalism is an arrestible offense. If they were caught.

Very sorry that I don't treat my stuff like disposable objects like you do. It's my mode of transportation. I like what I drive. Forgive me for thinking that causing damage to anothe persons property is wrong.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sorry for your loss, but you'd better get used to it.
    Fairness doesn't mean equal opportunity anymore. It means equal outcomes.
    If his car looks like crap, he feels justified in making your car look like crap.
    Everyone will be forced into the mold of the lowest common denomerator.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008

Way to be an ass :xmad: Grow up man,I hope someday someone doesn't decide to destroy your property for the hell of it

Seriously the guy just went out to have a good time.He shouldn't have to worry about someone keying his car just for laughs.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Somebody shot the windshield of my car with a pellet gun once, no idea why. Only one to be hit and I didn't even know why. So I know the feeling.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Dont worry karma will come back around or is already there. The person that did it probably lives some miserable life where he hates his job, has no friends and no girlfriend and is just a sad angry person.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    Somebody shot the windshield of my car with a pellet gun once, no idea why. Only one to be hit and I didn't even know why. So I know the feeling.

When I was in highschool, I had a friend we would all stay at's house on the weekends and play halo or whatever. We woke up one morning to find that someone had done this to most of the cars on the block and a few other blocks down the street.. Luckily mine was spared.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    I did contact the Klipsch Music Center to let them know that this happened while in their parking lot. They contacted me yesterday to tell me that while they know it won't replace the damage done, they would like me to be their guest at a future show.

I declined the offer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did contact the Klipsch Music Center to let them know that this happened while in their parking lot. They contacted me yesterday to tell me that while they know it won't replace the damage done, they would like me to be their guest at a future show.

I declined the offer.

Accept the invite if they Limo you to and from.....Just saying.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Wow sorry to see/hear about that. Had something similar happen to me, made me sick to my stomach and I was somewhat peeved at the world for a short time after that. Makes me sick on some people's mind set and disregard for others property.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    When I was in highschool, I had a friend we would all stay at's house on the weekends and play halo or whatever. We woke up one morning to find that someone had done this to most of the cars on the block and a few other blocks down the street.. Luckily mine was spared.
    Nobody else in the apartment complex was hit, just my car. I filed a police report and all - they had no other reports of similar damage in the area.

So it was one of two things:
    1. They were jealous.
    2. I pissed somebody off, somehow, even though I didn't know them.

This was back in 2007, had my 2006 Lancer about a year. It's a nice car, but nothing to be jealous of imho heh. I've come to the conclusion that this "it's not fair!" attitude is to blame for a lot of things such as this. Everybody believes they are entitled and when they see somebody else with something they believe should be theirs - they do something stupid.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    I've come to the conclusion that this "it's not fair!" attitude is to blame for a lot of things such as this. Everybody believes they are entitled and when they see somebody else with something they believe should be theirs - they do something stupid.

I've had a discussion like this before with some of my friends. And it kind of ticks me off how some people think. My car is the nicest thing I have. I love my car. Its fast, sounds great, and looks great. And I take care of it.

And people always act jealous that I have such a car. They act like I spend way too much on it. And am told, "I wish I could afford a car like that." Or something similar. But this is what ticks me off.

Its all about priorities. I'm pretty sure my car was cheaper than the brand new mini-van they just bought. And I also don't take my family of 4 to Disney World every year. I am a single guy, who only has to worry about myself at the moment. So what I spend my money on, should be different than what someone else spends their money on.

So I don't get the jealousy act. They may be jealous of my car, but I'm jealous that they have a beautiful family, and get to go on family vacations every year. But I'm happy for them.

Its all about what you want to spend your own hard working money on. Sure I could have bought a much cheaper car, and gone on my own vacations, or spend it in other ways, but this is what I wanted more.

People never take that into consideration. They just assume that if you have 1 nicer thing than they have, that they should have it too. You can't. Its an either/or.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Put yourself in Mr. new "Mini-Vans" shoes. He is jealous of your shiny steed as he is climbing into his family truckster and packing the wife and kids off to who knows what and where. Missed youth etc. I have friends who were the same way when our family cars were Monti-Carlo S/S and Impala S/S in black with all the toys. I always kept a truck for chores and such but the wife rolled in nice cars. Some thought it foolish of me and I let those folks go on their way with little fanfare. Not bad people just need to set priority's and deal with them. My son got the Monti in my avatar for his 16th "B" day with fresh paint and drive train. He had issues at school with it being keyed and molested. Jelousy and stupidity. People can suck.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Funny how things have evolved. There was a time, not long ago, if one was caught by the "villagers" vandalizing property, punishment was swift and without much fanfare and looked alot like a butt whopin' and possible charges to the vandalizer. In response, the vandalizer's people would say, yeah, you don't mess with other peoples stuff.

Fast forward to where burglars are getting a payday for falling through someone's skylight. What happened???

In no way am I condoning vigilante justice, but things do seem out of balance. I would not be shocked to learn that someone saw this happen and looked the other way.

Top Bottom