• ...and so much more!
  • R3p1lc3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2024
    English
    Hello Gentlemen, and Ladies.

I've been keeping my head out of the IN political sand so to speak a bit I digress.
    Looking for the "general" consensus of our forum here of who to kick/keep on our Indiana seats.
    I'm in Crawford county. My apoligies for the gimme a cheat list type of post. But I feel confident I'll align with the interests' of most here ;)
    Many Thanks in Advance!
    God Bless!

R3p1lc3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2024
    English
    There's this couple from my hometown I have on FB for like ever I seen they started posting H&W flag's n what not.. I had to take a double take.. I'v only seen one once in real life.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don’t know about Crawford county politics but up here in Lawrence county party affiliation doesn’t mean that much. State and national, this year, I’ll probably vote a straight republican ticket. Where these people stand and how they vote is a bit easier to see.

It’s the non-partisan races like school board and whether to retain judges where harm can be done and where the policy positions of the candidates are more difficult to discern.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I generally don't say this, but in this particular election I think it's imperative to vote straight Republican from the top of the ticket down. The democrat party needs to lose like they've never lost before.
    I used to study all the candidates and diligently vote for the best in every category, all the way down to county and school seats. Then I watched as my candidates voted on issues. Any time their vote counted, they voted with their party. If a vote was on a lost cause legislation, they would vote what they promised and send me a letter letting me know they were committed to the same things I am.

Now I just pull the party lever, hoping a "b" level guy makes the right vote because the party tells him to. Better than an "A" level guy that you cannot count on.

The idealistic part of me hates this, but that is the reality I have not been able to change.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    Hello Gentlemen, and Ladies.

I've been keeping my head out of the IN political sand so to speak a bit I digress.
    Looking for the "general" consensus of our forum here of who to kick/keep on our Indiana seats.
    I'm in Crawford county. My apoligies for the gimme a cheat list type of post. But I feel confident I'll align with the interests' of most here ;)
    Many Thanks in Advance!
    God Bless!
    Your State Representative in Crawford county is Rep. Bartels he is a stand up guy that supports the second amendment. Steve is a military veteran and former police officer. I know him personally and I can vouch for him for what its worth. Your State Senator is Mark Messmer but he is now running for congress and I don’t know who is running for his spot. I hope this helps.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    I used to study all the candidates and diligently vote for the best in every category, all the way down to county and school seats. Then I watched as my candidates voted on issues. Any time their vote counted, they voted with their party. If a vote was on a lost cause legislation, they would vote what they promised and send me a letter letting me know they were committed to the same things I am.

Now I just pull the party lever, hoping a "b" level guy makes the right vote because the party tells him to. Better than an "A" level guy that you cannot count on.

The idealistic part of me hates this, but that is the reality I have not been able to change.
    Well that's a fairly pragmatic way to look at things.
    It sure doesn't leave much room for any unbridled enthusiasm or cockeyed optimism.

Reactions: Leo

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    My guess is that 90% of dems and about 50% of republicans at the state and federal level have been bought by international commies. And these people only have whats best for their own pockets in mind. I really only study the republican candidates in the primary's. By the time you get to the general, we are stuck with who ever made it. In that case I pick the lesser of 2 evils. And that is the republicans at about half of them with our interest in mind. This is why I feel voting in every election is very important.

Top Bottom