• ...and so much more!
  • dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    WTF?

Looks like he was getting ready throw the rifle at the end of the clip before it cuts off.

I wonder why they would intentionally ruin it?

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    SO this teaches us that: full auto+plastic handguard+bacf=BBQ

notice the caption above the vid "metal catches on fire"

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :ugh: ok? i dont know that i would have kept loading mag after mag into that after it was burning. good way to waste some money. :spend:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    It has been posted, because it is an awesome movie. The guy was dropping his SOT license and was gonna have to turn in his machine guns to the Gov't so he decided to hand them over in the best possible condition. :):

He did toss the rifle after the pic.

And I think those grips were standard wood laminate. They can catch on fire. That is where the flames came from. The plastic ones just melt.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    It has been posted, because it is an awesome movie. The guy was dropping his SOT license and was gonna have to turn in his machine guns to the Gov't so he decided to hand them over in the best possible condition. :):

And I think those grips were standard wood laminate. They can catch on fire. That is where the flames came from. The plastic ones just melt.

Makes sense now. :)

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

Yep, I watched it again and no black smoke.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN

+1

I'm just too late, but that is the story.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

Not completely true. When a dealer drops his SOT, he must either sell his post-sample MGs, or destroy them per ATF guidelines (typically torch-cut the receiver into 3 pieces, one cut being through the mag-well and the other through the trigger/hammer area). One does not "turn them over to the government" they don't want the guns, they just want them to be destroyed.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I have never seen the video, thanks for posting it.

The guy could of had us all over of a shoot and destroy party.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Here's a higher quality vid on youtube. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNAohtjG14c&feature=related]YouTube - Burning AK47 - 300 Rounds & on Fire[/ame]

I always figured it was just a surplus rifle and he had it hot enough to burn the cosmoline out of the wood handgrip.

Top Bottom