• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Lots of great music posted already. In this world of CD's and downloaded music, one of the things that has been lost is the cover art like we had when albums quit being a single LP disc played at 33-1/3 rpm. A lot of the cardboard covers were doubled up and in addition to the artwork on the outside there was art / photographs and lyrical poetry on the inside that further expressed the flavor of the season and events. A picture speaks a thousand words. My grandkids who get their music downloaded off the internet have never seen that aspect of their generations entertainment.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Lots of great music posted already. In this world of CD's and downloaded music, one of the things that has been lost is the cover art like we had when albums quit being a single LP disc played at 33-1/3 rpm. A lot of the cardboard covers were doubled up and in addition to the artwork on the outside there was art / photographs and lyrical poetry on the inside that further expressed the flavor of the season and events. A picture speaks a thousand words. My grandkids who get their music downloaded off the internet have never seen that aspect of their generations entertainment.

They won't much care and really shouldn't. You are 100% correct that the cover art is not really linked to the music any more. However, it is irrelevant. Youth now associate music with videos instead of static art. I enjoy the old cover art, particularly that of Roger Dean, but honestly there is no longer a need for it. The world moves on and our old buggy whips are no longer relevant.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They won't much care and really shouldn't. You are 100% correct that the cover art is not really linked to the music any more. However, it is irrelevant. Youth now associate music with videos instead of static art. I enjoy the old cover art, particularly that of Roger Dean, but honestly there is no longer a need for it. The world moves on and our old buggy whips are no longer relevant.

:fogey:
    Pudly, you just made me feel my age.....:(

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    This just happens to be an area that I'm pretty familiar with. I enjoy artwork, but the art world is heavily moving to digital. It can take 10% of the time to produce a work digitally, so the idea of collecting quality "original art" is slowly becoming a province of the rich, kinda like collecting machine guns.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ok. I didn't exactly grow up with this song, at least not this version

[video=youtube;kB67HO8tkQs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB67HO8tkQs[/video]

Top Bottom