• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    I open carried mushroom hunting Sunday and found that in my neck of the woods the mushrooms were afraid of my gun and went back in the ground to hide. While walking along the road, I helped a damsel in distress needing directions. Nothing was said about my weapon.

kevincullman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Kosciusko county
    go get'em

I just found 85 yellows last night in my woods! last year i only found 5, looks like it's gone to be a good year in northern indiana.. it's about time, head out and good luck!!:D

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I was out for 2 hours today in a large woods in the metro area and didn't see anything. Pretty disappointing. My buddy in northern IN bragged to me about how many he found today. So it sounds like it sounds like northern IN is the place to be.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I don't really eat them but I might be going out this weekend. My mom and a couple aunts usually go out and a walk in the woods would be nice after finishing up my finals.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I finally found some!

I was stopped at a four way in Btown on my way to the greenhouse. The corner lot across the way was wooded, and what did I see? NUTTIN!

However, there was a fine young gentleman in the empty corner lot next to me putting sacks on the hood of his vehicle. "Watcha doin'?"
    "Sellin' mushrooms," he replied.:rockwoot:

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    i went out last sunday and didn't see anything. But it had been very rainy and cool here until this week. I think i'l head out again this weekend or during the week since the temps are gonna be in the 60' and 70's. i did notice the Mayapples are up now. This is only my second year hunting morels and I've been told they pop up when the Mayapples do.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I finally found some!

I was stopped at a four way in Btown on my way to the greenhouse. The corner lot across the way was wooded, and what did I see? NUTTIN!

However, there was a fine young gentleman in the empty corner lot next to me putting sacks on the hood of his vehicle. "Watcha doin'?"
    "Sellin' mushrooms," he replied.:rockwoot:

Im curious...... how much was he selling them for? Around here they seem to be going for abou $30 / pound!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Im curious...... how much was he selling them for? Around here they seem to be going for abou $30 / pound!

Yep. $30 a pound. I was content to pay it and pleasantly surprised to find a pound and a quarter in the sack, measured with my scales.

The guy said they sell quickly.

mdeshon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Out yander
    Yea, they are starting too. Caught these about 40yrds off the dock in about 6ft of water. Few more weeks and they should be in full spawn and then I can fill my freezer :D

Top Bottom