• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • josh25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Johnson County
    I went to the woods this morning for a few hours and found one mushroom(morel). Anyone else been out, or had any luck? If warms up this week it may be time.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    And for those of you preparing for mushroom hunting don't forget this little item. It seems to be well suited to hone your shooting skills specifically for mushroom size and height targets.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/bobcat_steel/139723-new_product.html

I'm trying to make a full service post, however, I cannot find the link to the IN laws that describe the calibers allowed for mushroom hunting. And, yes, just in case it isn't obvious this is all in purple.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm ready. I just wish I didn't have so far to go to get to em.
    8fc14c40.jpg

This year, I won't have to worry about all the contractors stealing them.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I spent 6 hours today between some strip pits near Petersburg, Glendale, and just south of washington. Between three of us, we found one black. It was fresh. One of the guys I went with swore up and down that they had found 68 mid to small blacks last night, but but they sure weren't out today.

I think it's still very early for most places, but you might blunder into a bunch of early ones.

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    I've looked into this in the past. I'm just scared to death of grabbing the wrong kind. Does anyone know of a good book off the top of their head?

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Most libraries have several books on morels but I would suggest hunting them with someone that has experience and you will be fine. I was always concerned that I would get the wrong kind too but once you see morels you will know what to look for. There is a type called a false morel that is poisonous and supposed to look similar but to me it looks quite a bit different than an actual morel mushroom. It just takes hunting a couple of times with someone who can show you the right types and you will be confident to do it on your own. Have fun and good luck!!!

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Guy I work with brought in a cellphone pic taken early last week, or maybe the weekend just before, 3 nice big grey morels.

He lives in Brown county, I assume they were out there, he won't say... Lol.

Top Bottom