• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Gentlemen,
    All kidding, jockeying for position and interseine one-up-manship aside, I have a copy of a book from the 1950's that I occasionally go back to. It tells about the intended (then still upcoming) eastern islam vs. Christian west (culture vs. culture) conflict that uses war as a change agent, a means to an end. We're living it and have little say in the matter. Scream, cry, deny it's real; no matter: We're living it.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Has anyone stopped to consider how only three individuals who shall go on nameless here (the Port Arthur, Las Vegas and Christchurch shooters) have changed so much in three countries?

Each time one of these lunatics succeeds it further jeopardizes our rights. It’s difficult for me to find more hatred for anyone than I have for these bastards.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    55929434_2160698627318725_5775113850558873600_n.jpg

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I kind of agree with the Cam guy.

My policy for peace is to keep a gun and get the education on how to use it.

He just had problems with wording it I guess.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I kind of agree with the Cam guy.

My policy for peace is to keep a gun and get the education on how to use it.

He just had problems with wording it I guess.

Let me fix that for him. Just a few minor tweaks.

“Your GUN [alone] don’t make you safe. Policy, education and a good [STRIKE]peace[/STRIKE] piece make you safe.”

It’s a good policy to practice behaviors that tend to make you safe. Education is key to this. Among those policies is to keep at hand the tools one might need when danger comes around, and be practiced in their use.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    In reality what keeps you safe the most is body armour.

Every LEO killed in the line of duty has been armed. The gun meant nothing except for the opportunity to equalize force on force.

It's the body armour that saves yo' butt. Armed guy gets shot at, maybe killed, maybe wounded beyond ability to respond, maybe missed. May or may not be able to shoot back. Armed guy with body armour gets shot at. Even if hit higher probability of being able to return fire and meet force with force.

Nothing's 100% in life. Well, except maybe tax laws.

Regards,

Doug

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    In reality what keeps you safe the most is body armour.

Every LEO killed in the line of duty has been armed. The gun meant nothing except for the opportunity to equalize force on force.

It's the body armour that saves yo' butt. Armed guy gets shot at, maybe killed, maybe wounded beyond ability to respond, maybe missed. May or may not be able to shoot back. Armed guy with body armour gets shot at. Even if hit higher probability of being able to return fire and meet force with force.

Nothing's 100% in life. Well, except maybe tax laws.

Regards,

Doug

And yet, body armor with no gun means they shoot you again.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Matt Christianson is quickly becoming one of my favorite political commentators. Not just on YouTube, but in general. He just has a way of cutting right to the heart of an issue with no fluff, no B.S.

Here he pushes back on the false narrative that New Zealand should be praised for quickly and unilaterally taking action after the Christ Church shooting.

[video=youtube_share;Rpf40BkId5k]http://youtu.be/Rpf40BkId5k[/video]

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    And yet, body armor with no gun means they shoot you again.

Right, but the body armour is probably equally important or more so than the gun. After all, crazy dude just starts shooting and yer first the gun don't mean much. The body armour buys you the time, hopefully, if shot to actually return fire.

The gun is critical, surviving to use it? I'd say just as much if not more so.

Of course, I don't have body armour so I'm hopeless... but I do think about it.

Regards,

Doug

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Right, but the body armour is probably equally important or more so than the gun. After all, crazy dude just starts shooting and yer first the gun don't mean much. The body armour buys you the time, hopefully, if shot to actually return fire.

The gun is critical, surviving to use it? I'd say just as much if not more so.

Of course, I don't have body armour so I'm hopeless... but I do think about it.

Regards,

Doug

If the guy shoots you first... you're probably dead anyway

Top Bottom