• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not so sure there really is a difference. Humanism arguably is a type of religion, minus a named deity(s). Adherents to either, can be just as passionate, loony, and genocidal.

It's not religion, or humanism. It's human nature. They all make excuses to justify their horrible deeds based on some belief.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Wow. Good thing for NZ men that the shooter didn't use his pecker in the attack. He did use his fingers though. Probably should ban those.

lol

Do we know what type of guns were used?

The article said they would ban the types of guns used in the attack but I'm not sure if they are only talking about semi-auto rifles.

If that scumbag also used a handgun and a shotgun they pretty much have lost all their guns.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    lol

Do we know what type of guns were used?

The article said they would ban the types of guns used in the attack but I'm not sure if they are only talking about semi-auto rifles.

If that scumbag also used a handgun and a shotgun they pretty much have lost all their guns.

AR of some sort, a semiauto shotgun and a pump shotgun.

Edit: Apparently a lever action was used as well? I watched the video, but didn't see a lever action in use.

Really good article here. Lots of new info. Explosives were also found, but they were not used.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/brenton-tarrant/

The prime minister said Tarrant had received a Category A gun license in November 2017 and “under that, he was able to acquire the guns that he held.” She said the weapons used in the attack were “two semi-automatic weapons, two shotguns and a lever-action firearm.”

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Why is it called a buyback anyway? It isn’t like the rifles were purchased from the government in the first place. That term always drives me crazy.

I saw on the news this morning where AOC and Bernie Sanders are both totally on board with this New Zealand overnight gun ban and would like to see it happen here. “Anything you tweet can and will be used against you in the court of public opinion.”

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Wow. Good thing for NZ men that the shooter didn't use his pecker in the attack. He did use his fingers though. Probably should ban those.

But the shooter did have balls doing what he did and New Zealand gun owners are giving up theirs...

not condoning what he did in any way.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Edit: Apparently a lever action was used as well? I watched the video, but didn't see a lever action in use.

Really good article here. Lots of new info. Explosives were also found, but they were not used.

The prime minister said Tarrant had received a Category A gun license in November 2017 and “under that, he was able to acquire the guns that he held.” She said the weapons used in the attack were “two semi-automatic weapons, two shotguns and a lever-action firearm.”

Anyone else think that might’ve been intentional in order to get the desired result of banning as many different types of guns as possible?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    But the shooter did have balls doing what he did and New Zealand gun owners are giving up theirs...

not condoning what he did in any way.

I wouldn't call murdering a bunch of unarmed civilians "having balls", it was a cowardly attack.Quite the opposite. :twocents:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You can't accurately predict who will abuse their rights to harm people. This is why gun licensing is problematic, as well as background checks. People are law abiding until they're not.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

And that whole article is exactly what the guy wanted:

1. Guns banned
    2. Media talking heads fomenting civil war
    3. Elected officials disparaging the other party
    4. Hollywood elites sticking their noses in it, and:
    5. People successfully believing he was a white supremacist.

(To the media and our elected officials)

Standing slow clap for those in the back of the room, y’all got trolled, he told you you got trolled, and you still believe it. This is why no one likes you, trusts you or believes you.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't get labeling people who are simply evil sociopaths as having a belief system that in any way conforms to the left-right political spectrum.

When all you have is a spectrum, everything looks like a point (on that line)

I get what you wish to say, but if one considers that line to encompass the totality of possible viewpoints then everybody falls on it somewhere. If you want to introduce a crazy axis at right angles to the ideology axis, then we can talk about quadrants rather than left and right and include more nuance

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't get labeling people who are simply evil sociopaths as having a belief system that in any way conforms to the left-right political spectrum.

When all you have is a spectrum, everything looks like a point (on that line)

I get what you wish to say, but if one considers that line to encompass the totality of possible viewpoints then everybody falls on it somewhere. If you want to introduce a crazy axis at right angles to the ideology axis, then we can talk about quadrants rather than left and right and include more nuance

There's also the question of if their ideology/belief had anything at all to do with the deed. Granted, it probably did in this case... but certainly not every mass killing is political.

Like asking where on the spectrum of "Hamburger to Hotdog Preference" was the Boston Bomber? ****in' hotdog lovers should take the blame for it.

Top Bottom