• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    No sir, I didn't miss any part of the press release that I posted.

You are simply parsing out the parts you want and ignoring the pertanent portions.

But I'm not here to argue with you about the obvious.

Clearly this is an Anti-Gun/Anti-Gun Owner policy and if you choose to support the company with your money that is obviously your choice. Others may choose differently. We each can do as we wish.

You are wrong, as has been already stated. I OCed in Target and wasn't asked to leave.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You are wrong, as has been already stated. I OCed in Target and wasn't asked to leave.

As the spokeswoman said, you will not be asked to leave.
    But, they would like you to not carry.

Their position is, they do not want the gun there.
    They don't want to put staff in the position of asking you to leave.
    Doesn't change the fact, they don't want your gun there.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No Target store in my city but if there was,I would still carry my firearm with me.Those worthless signs are not going to stop a criminal from coming in and shooting the place up,I see it as an invitation for the criminals to do so since Target is asking for guns not to be brought in the store. To many mass shootings this year already,my life as well as my families lives are more important.

This is new information to me. I haven't heard they were putting up signs. Why does everyone want so badly to be mad about this?

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    As the spokeswoman said, you will not be asked to leave.
    But, they would like you to not carry.

Their position is, they do not want the gun there.
    They don't want to put staff in the position of asking you to leave.
    Doesn't change the fact, they don't want your gun there.
    This is also incorrect. Most companies don't give a crap one way or the other, they just wasn't to do business and stay out of politics, social issues. Unfortunately the radicals on both sides will not let them do that. A statement such as this is just the best answer they can come up with while trying to stay as neutral as possible. The statement somewhat appeases the antis and doesn't in practice infringe on gun carriers. Now they just cross their fingers and hope everyone leaves them alone. I say we do just that and quit politicizing business.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Target doesn't care.

They just don't want the moms to stop spending their money there, so they put out a press release that allows the moms to continue to pretend guns don't exist.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It is a poorly worded poll. If you value property rights you could answer with number one. It does not infringe on the second amendment either.

gpjerry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I agree with Hoosier8. The pole doesn't allow for "I don't like it, but it is there right to control their property as they see fit."

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Anyone know if Target is actually putting up signs in states that give the weight of law to no-gun signs?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    This is also incorrect. Most companies don't give a crap one way or the other, they just wasn't to do business and stay out of politics, social issues. Unfortunately the radicals on both sides will not let them do that. A statement such as this is just the best answer they can come up with while trying to stay as neutral as possible. The statement somewhat appeases the antis and doesn't in practice infringe on gun carriers. Now they just cross their fingers and hope everyone leaves them alone. I say we do just that and quit politicizing business.

Here you go. Target, Chilis, Chipolte, yada yada. They do not care. This is a liability driven butt covering. They can not welcome guns without assuming liability. They can't tell people it is illegal to carry the guns. Just leave the long gun in the car and the handgun safely holstered.

I prefer to cover mine up when in non-premissive places like Target, the Bartholomew County fair or my Mother In Laws house.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There you go. Putting labels on everything.
    Why either/or?

I figured most folks would appreciate posing the question as a false dichotomy, that they would feel more comfortable choosing whichever they considered the "lesser evil" of only two bad choices.

In reality, a turtle without its shell is already dead, so it matters very little which option wins the popular vote.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Here you go. Target, Chilis, Chipolte, yada yada. They do not care. This is a liability driven butt covering. They can not welcome guns without assuming liability. They can't tell people it is illegal to carry the guns. Just leave the long gun in the car and the handgun safely holstered.

I prefer to cover mine up when in non-premissive places like Target, the Bartholomew County fair or my Mother In Laws house.

Yea, sadly, I can understand how it could be a liability if a place encouraged people to bring guns. However, I don't think there should be any liability if they just stay quiet on the matter. I also think there are very few people who would actually stop coming to a store/resturant if they see people open carrying handguns in a responsible fashion even if they have an irrational fear of guns.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Agreed and agreed. But I voted anyway because most sheeple won't understand the difference.

See next quote

And thanks for this thread. I hadn't heard yet because I have the good sense not to watch the news. But I'm done with Target now.

Not to be inflammatory, but it seems a lot of gun people are acting like sheeple on this whole target thing. If you give up on target and claim they are anti-gun then you empower MDA with a victory they did not secure on their own. Target is not banning guns. They don't give a crap either way. They want to sell you swimsuits and diapers. Their statement shut up MDA and we can/should/will continue to carry there in accordance with local laws and their policy.

Top Bottom