• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Doesn't anyone besides John Rambos hippy love child have anything to contribute? :popcorn:

I mean telling me I am not accurate or been wronged by an alpha is akin to saying...

BS it must be psychological.

Well there appear to be many Alphas in the past government that mucked up life for most of us. Does that count?

And who brought up rick and his firewood?

I am really confused now.

I intended for this to be based on a world altering TEOTWAWKI not a short lived transient event.

I feel like I am being punked by my 13 year old here. What was he wearing, what was the weather like and what did they eat for breakfast? Dude for real?
    Porcupine or just a prick? :draw:

When I can see the merits of trading gold or furs tomorrow that might make sense for now let's talk food water and other essential supplies beyond bullets and beans.

ab a nibes day dare ebreybruddy
    I am gonna take a valium before I chuckle myself to death here.
    Night er ummm morning!

I appreciate your interest in this subject, but your line of thought seems to be based on a game or fantasy novel.

You have offered nothing but questions and theories.

I am offering my personal experience and I am sorry if it does not line up with the portrait of your SHTF scenario.

And, it looks at though I am the only one, at this point, who is willing to talk with you.

PS, "No name calling" ; Rambo is a fantasy, and my parents wer not hippies, but were born out of the last Great Depression, Graduated with nursing and engineering degrees, were hunter/gatherers, and raised seven children of whome two are surviving.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I appreciate your interest in this subject, but your line of thought seems to be based on a game or fantasy novel.

You have offered nothing but questions and theories.

I am offering my personal experience and I am sorry if it does not line up with the portrait of your SHTF scenario.

And, it looks at though I am the only one, at this point, who is willing to talk with you.

PS, "No name calling" ; Rambo is a fantasy, and my parents wer not hippies, but were born out of the last Great Depression, Graduated with nursing and engineering degrees, were hunter/gatherers, and raised seven children of whome two are surviving.

Fixed it already. Fantasy land gets lonely.

You might not realize how close our oppinions of reality are.

I brought this up to discuss and dispel the novel or fictional ideas that are abundant in most new prep or pre-self sustaining lifestyles.

I tend to lean towards the family co-op idea while you seem to discard any but your guts and hands approach.

I'm sure we could hash this out between ourselves but really I think we are just entertaining the rest. While I believe that many would end up at the mercy of the slugs that find it easier to steal and con what they should work for I don't consider that fantasy.

That I feel others should realize what some of the bigger MSG's will have the potential to become. You offer Don't make it a commune. Well duh! But how oh wise and knowing OZ?

I wanted ideas and thoughts.
    Warning signs and guidance.

Anyone can throw stones or punch holes but it takes effort to offer more than trite answers.

Look I am sorry you felt I was making light of your personal experience.

aside from saying there wasn't enough kicking to get the lazy out.
    I mainly felt you were talkin down to me because u though I wanted communism or WE
    Your ideas have merit and I asked how do those ideas get carried out by a group of people trying to hold on to America.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Fixed it already. Fantasy land gets lonely.

You might not realize how close our oppinions of reality are.

I brought this up to discuss and dispel the novel or fictional ideas that are abundant in most new prep or pre-self sustaining lifestyles.

I tend to lean towards the family co-op idea while you seem to discard any but your guts and hands approach.

I'm sure we could hash this out between ourselves but really I think we are just entertaining the rest. While I believe that many would end up at the mercy of the slugs that find it easier to steal and con what they should work for I don't consider that fantasy.

That I feel others should realize what some of the bigger MSG's will have the potential to become. You offer Don't make it a commune. Well duh! But how oh wise and knowing OZ?

I wanted ideas and thoughts.
    Warning signs and guidance.

Anyone can throw stones or punch holes but it takes effort to offer more than trite answers.

Look I am sorry you felt I was making light of your personal experience.

aside from saying there wasn't enough kicking to get the lazy out.
    I mainly felt you were talkin down to me because u though I wanted communism or WE
    Your ideas have merit and I asked how do those ideas get carried out by a group of people trying to hold on to America.

Speaking reason and truth is not speaking in a condescending manner.

If I am in error I fully want someone with more experience or knowledge to enlighten me, but that is how I choose to live.

If one cannot reason truth by thoroughly questioning the validity of statements and actions, and chooses to react immaturely he/she is simply that, immature (not mature, ripe, developed, perfected, etc.); in this case in education of proposed ideas.

From your statements, you are seeking or are in need of knowledge;
    It is appearent that you are not going (or want) to find the answeres to your questions on this forum.

There is a wealth of historic examples (with data)at your diposal covering the above mentioned topics ( I have suggested a few for you).

By all means, continue to question and learn.

I now choose to remove myself from this thread as I am weary of answering your questions and insults.

Good luck.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Speaking reason and truth is not speaking in a condescending manner.

If I am in error I fully want someone with more experience or knowledge to enlighten me, but that is how I choose to live.

If one cannot reason truth by thoroughly questioning the validity of statements and actions, and chooses to react immaturely he/she is simply that, immature (not mature, ripe, developed, perfected, etc.); in this case in education of proposed ideas.

From your statements, you are seeking or are in need of knowledge;
    It is appearent that you are not going (or want) to find the answeres to your questions on this forum.

There is a wealth of historic examples (with data)at your diposal covering the above mentioned topics ( I have suggested a few for you).

By all means, continue to question and learn.

I now choose to remove myself from this thread as I am weary of answering your questions and insults.

Good luck.
    What the hell jus happpened?

Man when things go south... :popcorn:

door let butt out hit way don't the your

When I grow up I wanna be a tree.
    Goodluck as well Go.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Regarding a barter system , I'm not sure if they're still doing it but in Argentina , according to FERFAL , a system of credits was set up using what looked like "monopoly money" , and they used it instead of real money .

In the video I watched , it looked like a flea market type venue was established where folks (mostly women , oddly enough) would come and sell their wares for X amount of the "credits" .

Their economy was / is so bad that the middle class was wiped out so completely , to the point that even highly educated folks were / are now destitute .
    Can't rep now or I would to everbody here even the GO.

That was close to what I was asking. However! Eventually rick will get tired of hauling his firewood to the flea market and turn it over to the one guy that really enjoys selling stuff for his area we can call him wally. Which frees up rick to cut more wood or build his house instead of hanging out at the flea market. Eventually wally will convince smith the black smith to let him do the same and soon wally has the store which we call mart. But wally will get greedy and start charging more so someone else named cole will compete with wally so there will be competition and a free market. Then wally and cole pressure rick and smith to cut corners or find a guy named wan who lives in Tai to make really cheap stuff they can sell at huge margins. It won't be as good or last as long but who cares its cheap.
    The cycle begins again...

Fantasy reality or nightmare...
    you decide.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    OldFB,
    I'm not sure that we can figure out the economics that might arise from a TEOTWAWKI situation, if that's what your trying to do, and to be honest, at least on this forum, to my knowledge, most of the MSG stuff has been social, getting to meet each other and exchange ideas on the forums. I'm not sure of the other areas, but the MSG surrounding Bloomington, has had some get togethers, and some have met up at Appleseeds and campouts.

I'd say, that this forum has allowed me to meet and interact with people that I might not have otherwise. Overall, the ideas that I have read here, have helped me get better prepared for a lot of situations. I guess for me, right know, that is the extent of it. In some ways I think what you're talking about doesn't really exist in the context of the MSG right now...but others may have done more.

So maybe it's time for another get together?

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    OldFB,
    I'm not sure that we can figure out the economics that might arise from a TEOTWAWKI situation, if that's what your trying to do, and to be honest, at least on this forum, to my knowledge, most of the MSG stuff has been social, getting to meet each other and exchange ideas on the forums. I'm not sure of the other areas, but the MSG surrounding Bloomington, has had some get togethers, and some have met up at Appleseeds and campouts.

I'd say, that this forum has allowed me to meet and interact with people that I might not have otherwise. Overall, the ideas that I have read here, have helped me get better prepared for a lot of situations. I guess for me, right know, that is the extent of it. In some ways I think what you're talking about doesn't really exist in the context of the MSG right now...but others may have done more.

So maybe it's time for another get together?

I really should have clarified that my OP was about compound or retreat style MAG/MSG similar to the ones the Rawles and other similar survival blogs advocate not the loose grouped MSG that INGO is working with.

The workings of that style of living and the transition from survival encampment to working community and all of the trappings and conflicts.

Those styles pose problems and pitfalls that if not addressed properly could cause them to fester with corruption and abusees of individual liberty.

I came at it from a different direction trying to spark a real discussion but instead it devolved into a defense of the INGO msg which was not the case.

I believe that we need to work on including these skills and problem solving avenues now (daily)with our friends and neighbors rather than when the wolves are at our door.

As far as INGO msg which is great but please remember there is a ****cago and Gary stink that clings to the NWI presence and that influence is much more problematic than the rural areas.

Different strokes and all that jazz.lol

Have a great day and thanksfor the input.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Regarding a barter system , I'm not sure if they're still doing it but in Argentina , according to FERFAL , a system of credits was set up using what looked like "monopoly money" , and they used it instead of real money.

Printed money has no more value than the paper it is printed on. We the people give it it's value. So "real" money or "fake" money is pretty irrelevant.

The difference between communism and a commune or MSG to me, is that communism takes what i've worked hard for and gives it to lazy people. A commune or MSG is something i would only be part of in a SHTF sceanario because I would likely have no chance of surviving alone. I would be willing to give up some freedome because holding up in my house would likely get me killed. Whereas a MSG would give me resources I wouldn't previously have had available.

It's a means to an end. I don't think it would truly work long term, but I think it would work untill the area stabalized. And the reason I word it like that is because once the area becomes stable, you wouldn't truly have a need for each other and thing wouls start to evolve as they do.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Printed money has no more value than the paper it is printed on. We the people give it it's value. So "real" money or "fake" money is pretty irrelevant..

For the most part I agree however , as far as what I was talking about , I think it is / was relevant .

I don't quite understand how it all worked but in the video , Argentines used both "real" money and the "credits" .

Mainly , the "elite" upper class still had money to use while the majority of folks had to use the credits .

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom