• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Same here. I cannot understand how someone can have such little confidence in their firearms skill that they don't believe that they can safely carry a handgun in a holster without it discharging, but at the same time believe that they possess the requisite skills to safely and effectively manipulate and fire that same gun under the stress of an immediate threat to their life. You will never become proficient with a tool that you fear.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Same here. I cannot understand how someone can have such little confidence in their firearms skill that they don't believe that they can safely carry a handgun in a holster without it discharging, but at the same time believe that they possess the requisite skills to safely and effectively manipulate and fire that same gun under the stress of an immediate threat to their life. You will never become proficient with a tool that you fear.

Well said Mr. Habib.

As reiterated many times already, the lesson I would have taken away from that experience is not to carry on an empty chamber, rather than CC over OC.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Coming from a former employee, If it happens in Wal-Mart it definitely does not need to make sense... Good to see that it was handled correctly and another dirt bag is off the streets.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

QFT +1000

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Well said Mr. Habib.

As reiterated many times already, the lesson I would have taken away from that experience is not to carry on an empty chamber, rather than CC over OC.

To start with personally I don't care how anyone carries a firearm nor do I care what condition that carry there firearm in.
    With this situation and the bad guy hitting the man,, maybe if the man did not see the bat coming he easily could have been knocked unconscious and the perp could have taken his pistol. With that is if the bad guy is not a gun person it would have been worthless.
    Maybe carrying on a empty chamber could have easily saved his kids and his life with a minor change in what happened.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    To start with personally I don't care how anyone carries a firearm nor do I care what condition that carry there firearm in.
    With this situation and the bad guy hitting the man,, maybe if the man did not see the bat coming he easily could have been knocked unconscious and the perp could have taken his pistol. With that is if the bad guy is not a gun person it would have been worthless.
    Maybe carrying on a empty chamber could have easily saved his kids and his life with a minor change in what happened.
    Yep and maybe the bad guy could'nt have used the gun if the other guy wasn't carrying a gun. We can do this all day.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Who's on second.

Actually, Hu's on first.

405694_178315385608995_100002916031264_290280_582254303_n.jpg

sbu sailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    South of Center...

Well said squirrel. Fact is, his style of carry, in this case,was much less important than situational awareness. IMHO that is most always true. Consider, Mr Habib, that we don't know this man's mindset or training. Perhaps he is proficient in Krav Maga and the Isreali instinctive shooting method... if that were the case, I'm betting confidence rules fear in this scenario. Comme ci comme ca. Where the rubber meets the road is ~ he was paying attention to his surroundings, and that's the big lesson here.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    He clearly kept the chamber empty so that if a 5 year old girl grabbed his openly carried gun, he would have a moment to escape.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom