• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    The bike cop with the helmet was way out of line.

Body slammed one guy, and I saw him grab and shove a few others. One being a woman, who was just standing there. Another guy got grabbed by the back of the neck and shoved.

That is one JBT that needs to lose his job.
    that will never happen. they do a lot worse than that and are still wearing a badge.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    ...and how about the kid in the sunglasses who was smirking as he was taking orders from the Sarge to arrest the couple.

Stop resisting!

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Someone wiser than me said that a group of Hasidic Jews or traditional garbed Muslims should go to the Jefferson memorial. As part of their traditional worship, they should sway back and forth as is common for the appropriate rhythmic prayer patterns outwardly exhibited.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRuFWWx50QQ[/ame]

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    oh calm down everyone. im sure they are just doing their job and are good guys and loyal baseball loving, apple pie eating americans. we have nothing to fear. They are someones friend or neighbor so I'm sure we can trust them to never do wrong. the govt (local or federal) would never seek to oppress us and trample our rights. lets just all go back to watching cbs and waving our flags on key holidays when we are supposed to be patriotic because its popular and cool. what is the constitution again?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Tough week for Iraq veterans. One is killed during a swat raid and another is body slammed at the Jefferson Memorial.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Is it ever legal to resist ILLEGAL arrest or detainment? -serious question
    I'm not so sure that if I were dancing with my wife in public and were to be assaulted by ANYone, that I would react so peacefully as the guy in the hat.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Is it ever legal to resist ILLEGAL arrest or detainment? -serious question
    I'm not so sure that if I were dancing with my wife in public and were to be assaulted by ANYone, that I would react so peacefully as the guy in the hat.

In this case, it is government property. What they say goes. According to IN supremes, no, you cannot resist on your private property. The logical conclusion, you must obey whatever comes your way.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    The sad thing is, the more the legal system bigwigs support this type of thuggery the fewer good cops we'll have. I've always thought it a bit trite for old fantasy stories to include a "replace the good guards with unkempt thugs until we have enough to overthrow the remaining loyalists" plot line but now I'm seeing the growth stages of that very thing happening here in real life.

What good is it for upright defenders of the law to exist when their leadership is clearly more interested in using the tactics of those they ought to be arresting? Why would anyone I would want acting as an officer choose to actively seek a career to work under these sorts of mandates? We have some good cops now and they doubtless do what they can (a few INGO members come to mind) but what happens when they're gone? Will my children cower before bullies with badges when "cop" becomes synonymous with "gainfully employed bandit/government enforcer"?

It will take more than a passed bill or Constitutional ruling to deal with this problem, or at least that's how it seems to me. The mindset is being sent down from on high, and the good men are going to be crowded out by those who will happily crush others beneath them with the government's go-ahead.

I'm not going to give up by a long shot, but at this point if I have to choose between working to fix what we have or preparing to deal with the inevitable...my priorities are shifting.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The sad thing is, the more the legal system bigwigs support this type of thuggery the fewer good cops we'll have. I've always thought it a bit trite for old fantasy stories to include a "replace the good guards with unkempt thugs until we have enough to overthrow the remaining loyalists" plot line but now I'm seeing the growth stages of that very thing happening here in real life.

What good is it for upright defenders of the law to exist when their leadership is clearly more interested in using the tactics of those they ought to be arresting? Why would anyone I would want acting as an officer choose to actively seek a career to work under these sorts of mandates? We have some good cops now and they doubtless do what they can (a few INGO members come to mind) but what happens when they're gone? Will my children cower before bullies with badges when "cop" becomes synonymous with "gainfully employed bandit/government enforcer"?

It will take more than a passed bill or Constitutional ruling to deal with this problem, or at least that's how it seems to me. The mindset is being sent down from on high, and the good men are going to be crowded out by those who will happily crush others beneath them with the government's go-ahead.

I'm not going to give up by a long shot, but at this point if I have to choose between working to fix what we have or preparing to deal with the inevitable...my priorities are shifting.
    :yesway::yesway:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Dance Party @ TJ's

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150453268357946&ref=nf

203614_150453268357946_5455511_n.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    the time on the poster should be from 12:00 to 12:02. because thats how long it will take the nazis to get off their asses and start the oppression and end the dancing.

LOL I thought the same thing. However, 800 people are currently RSVP'd. It will take a few more bicycle cops to terrorize that many people.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Perhaps they should, instead of dancing, pack as many people as possible into the rotunda. I'm talking like those old "see how many people we can fit in a phone booth or VW Beetle" type deals. Shove bodies in at least shoulder to shoulder inside the entire thing. And just stand there for a while, silently.

Then they start the crowd surfing and mosh pit.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And this a problem why? They were given notice of what NOT to do, and they did it anyway.... Trespassing, right? Kudos to the officers, they were respectful, and weren't "badge heavy" in the slightest. The people were looking for trouble.... and found it.

Are Americans this stupid? Dance has many political, cultural, religious, and even military meanings to a variety of cultures around the world. Hell, at he very least, it's disrespectful.... to the honor bestowed upon Jefferson.

Further, courts have held for eons that monuments and memorials are "non-public" forums.

The Supreme Court has held that as to such nonpublic forum property, the government’s authority is indeed quite broad, so long as the restriction is reasonable and viewpoint-neutral. The Memorial is a good example of a nonpublic forum, a place not open, by tradition or by government decision, for public expression;

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    And this a problem why? They were given notice of what NOT to do, and they did it anyway.... Trespassing, right? Kudos to the officers, they were respectful, and weren't "badge heavy" in the slightest. The people were looking for trouble.... and found it.
    LOL...
    Really...
    Are Americans this stupid? Dance has many political, cultural, religious, and even military meanings to a variety of cultures around the world. Hell, at he very least, it's disrespectful.... to the honor bestowed upon Jefferson.

Huh...
    I do not see that connection at all. I think you are just being argumentative.

Top Bottom