• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Thats why I never bought one of Eric Buells Rockets...

My wife had a Buell. I tried to talk her out of it since it had a HD engine, but it was a decent motorcycle.

I was looking for a picture of the Buell, but found this unrelated photo of the bumper sticker that was on one of my old trucks. It made me laugh...

i-rNjXkwN-M.jpg

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Just locked up the front the other day for a an ambulance that flew into a crossing intersection, that was an attention-getter! Fortunately the road was dry, I was on high alert, and I had the wherewithal to keep it from taking me down.

Good job keeping the rubber side down :rockwoot:

My wife had a Buell. I tried to talk her out of it since it had a HD engine, but it was a decent motorcycle.

I was looking for a picture of the Buell, but found this unrelated photo of the bumper sticker that was on one of my old trucks. It made me laugh...

i-rNjXkwN-M.jpg

I chased my cousin on his Buell through the Dragon last week. It's been a good solid ride for him.

thumb_1600902642CP_M0993.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I just got a bill from the ambulance company. $800 to wait for a helicoper to pick me up and do the real work. Y'okay

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This is the only picture of my wife's that I could find. I didn't mind riding it. I know I rode it more than I rode her VFR.

i-rmsNSD7-M.jpg
    Nice Buell :yesway:

Hepco & Becker luggage on it too. That brand has been the OEM luggage on KTM’s touring and ADV bikes for the past couple of decades. Great quality panniers and top boxes!

Too bad HD mismanaged that brand. Buell was the design leader in that type of bike. KTM was barely a blip. BMW was in financial trouble. Then the ADV/Touring category started to take off. Buell was shut down. BMW bet on the GS series and won, it now leads the world in big and Mid size ADV/Touring Bikes. KTM is now a worldwide powerhouse with ADV/Touring and Dual Sport bikes plus its Husquvarna division is strong in street/sport bikes in the EU. HD is losing money and has been shrinking in sales after betting on geezer bikes and a dying demographic. HD has now delayed its entry into the ADV/Touring category (one of the few growing categories) until 2021 or later by delaying production of the Pan America model.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Nice Buell :yesway:

Hepco & Becker luggage on it too. That brand has been the OEM luggage on KTM’s touring and ADV bikes for the past couple of decades. Great quality panniers and top boxes!

Too bad HD mismanaged that brand. Buell was the design leader in that type of bike. KTM was barely a blip. BMW was in financial trouble. Then the ADV/Touring category started to take off. Buell was shut down. BMW bet on the GS series and won, it now leads the world in big and Mid size ADV/Touring Bikes. KTM is now a worldwide powerhouse with ADV/Touring and Dual Sport bikes plus its Husquvarna division is strong in street/sport bikes in the EU. HD is losing money and has been shrinking in sales after betting on geezer bikes and a dying demographic. HD has now delayed its entry into the ADV/Touring category (one of the few growing categories) until 2021 or later by delaying production of the Pan America model.

HD not only mismanaged the brand they would not even talk of selling it off. Only HD can be sold at HD dealerships so dealers that had a sportsbike market for the Buell were just screwed.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    HD not only mismanaged the brand they would not even talk of selling it off. Only HD can be sold at HD dealerships so dealers that had a sportsbike market for the Buell were just screwed.

And perhaps this is why HD dealerships are closing down for good?

Meanwhile, ZERO Motorcycle (largest electric motorcycle company in the world) just penned a 10 year working agreement with Polaris (owners of INDIAN) to share electric technology for off-road motorcycles. This announcements comes just a day or two after California's governor signed an executive order banning future sales (2035) of gasoline powered automobiles AND gas powered off road vehicles/UTVs/motorbikes.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I found an interesting pic from the Dragon. Notice the body position.

thumb_1600901370CP_M0055.jpg

Then I saw this.......

[video=youtube;Ce4YHD_f9m8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce4YHD_f9m8[/video]

I guess I learned something from my sportbike years.:cool:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Had my wife not let me know of her desire to ride with me I was ready to buy this...........

Ninja 650

2020 KAWASAKI NINJA 650 ABS KRT EDITION LIME EBONY

$6,299
    NEW SPORTBIKE MOTORCYCLE IN TRUSSVILLE, AL 35173 - 316 MILES AWAY

View attachment 91513

I have the 2012 model of this. My wife rides with me sometimes, but with kids we hardly get time to ride together. I haven’t got it out at all this year, been a good year to with quarantine and all just been busy with a lot of projects and work and kids.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I hear that the Ninjas are about an inch shorter in the seat than the Honda CB/CBRs, I should probably check one out, I'm probably about an inch from flatfooting the CBR650

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I hear that the Ninjas are about an inch shorter in the seat than the Honda CB/CBRs, I should probably check one out, I'm probably about an inch from flatfooting the CBR650
    I’m not sure, I’ve never been on a CBR but I love the sound of em. I’ve rode an R6 quite a bit and it’s pretty low compared to my ninja, but also has a lot more pep. I’m a tall guy, 6’3, so the ninja felt pretty good in comparison, and the 650 isn’t a super sport bike, it’s just a sport bike, so not quite as radical as the R6 was. I think it tops out at 140, and the handlebars sit higher so you’re not leaned forward as much, lot easier on the back and wrists. Good cross between a crotch rocket and cruiser.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I’m not sure, I’ve never been on a CBR but I love the sound of em. I’ve rode an R6 quite a bit and it’s pretty low compared to my ninja, but also has a lot more pep. I’m a tall guy, 6’3, so the ninja felt pretty good in comparison, and the 650 isn’t a super sport bike, it’s just a sport bike, so not quite as radical as the R6 was. I think it tops out at 140, and the handlebars sit higher so you’re not leaned forward as much, lot easier on the back and wrists. Good cross between a crotch rocket and cruiser.

And that's why I wanted one. Still do actually. :cool:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    And that's why I wanted one. Still do actually. :cool:
    The 650? They’re fairly cheap brand new compared to other bikes. I love mine, when we go riding I can ride all day and not really feel it. Sometimes my ass gets sore, but back and arms are fine. We’ve rode to lower Kentucky and back a couple times, that’s a long ride to do in one sitting, but it’s never really bothered me other than my butt getting sore, which will happen in any vehicle after that long. Haven’t rode it all year, wife’s wanting me to sell it but it’s hard to let go of my baby, I’d rather sell her :):

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The 650? They’re fairly cheap brand new compared to other bikes. I love mine, when we go riding I can ride all day and not really feel it. Sometimes my ass gets sore, but back and arms are fine. We’ve rode to lower Kentucky and back a couple times, that’s a long ride to do in one sitting, but it’s never really bothered me other than my butt getting sore, which will happen in any vehicle after that long. Haven’t rode it all year, wife’s wanting me to sell it but it’s hard to let go of my baby, I’d rather sell her :):

Yes I was ready to buy one until the wife spoke up about wanting to ride with me. The Fury is an awesome bike and I really enjoy it but I ride it like a sports bike. :cool:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yes I was ready to buy one until the wife spoke up about wanting to ride with me. The Fury is an awesome bike and I really enjoy it but I ride it like a sports bike. :cool:
    You can buy different rear seats for them, they make some with a backrest and extra padding. Worth looking into if you’re really wanting one.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Spent the morning under my wife’s bike. Rewelded her kickstand and reinstalled it after lowering her bike. Of course it couldn’t be that easy. I broke a safety interlock switch in the process so I had to bypass that switch. Just a PITA on a Honda, but I’m sure a new switch is going to cost me dearly, and it will probably be a special order part :(

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Coworker suggested I start my new bike search in January. Makes sense.

Bike prices drop in the late fall/early winter and start to rise in the early spring.

January is a good time to buy because Christmas bills are coming due and if someone needs money then they might be eager to deal. Bikes are technically 1 model year older after the calendar switches from Dec to Jan. So people feel that also devalues the bike a little more. I’d suggest SHOPPING in December and BUYING in January is not a bad idea.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah the idea was a combination of pretty much nobody buying bikes because it's cold as a well digger's ass and wanting to dump last year stock before the new ones come in for spring.

Top Bottom