• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I have my reasons for not wearing one. I will be wearing one when I am able but most likely might not ever.
    Could this be a possibility for you in the future?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have my reasons for not wearing one. I will be wearing one when I am able but most likely might not ever.

I was not judging you sir. :yesway: Just commenting on riding in the rain.

You're the one who get's to make the helmet call. We will all fight again if big brother tries to play with one of the few freedoms we have left.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was not judging you sir. :yesway: Just commenting on riding in the rain.

You're the one who get's to make the helmet call. We will all fight again if big brother tries to play with one of the few freedoms we have left.

Just clarifying since not everyone knows, remembers or cares about my cervical problems. I have a brand new Bell with MIPS restraint assembly. I wanna upgrade it if my neck can handle the weight with a speaker and Bluetooth.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    In one of the recent MotoAmerica video clips, they ask all the riders what their favorite pre race song is- Gagne says "the sound of my own breath"

For the first time all season, Jake Gagne leads the MotoAmerica Medallia Superbike Championship as the series ventures to Brainerd International Raceway, July 29-31

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Could this be a possibility for you in the future?
    I'm looking into it. Thank you!!
    I'm also checking out the Competition Werks exhaust for my KTM. Goodbye $!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Was a good week for a ride. My plans to head to Sun Valley Idaho went down due to a death in my riding partner's family. I considered heading solo to Jasper/Banff NPs then down into Glacier and back. As the week got closer, I didn't feel as 100% as I should before that many miles so I scaled it back to Ottawa/Montreal then sweeping into ME/NH/VT for the ride back.

7/29 - Indy to Windsor. Nearly two hour wait at border.
    20220729-Indy-to-Windsor-via-2-hr-border.jpg

7/30 - Windsor to Peterborough. It was a three day "civic holiday" for Ontario with a focus on tourism to Toronto. Weekend traffic was terrible and hotels - the few available - was 3-5x the normal price. I headed north to Peterborough which was the start of some planned rides I had anyway.
    20220730-Windsor-to-Peterborough-via-Toronto.jpg

7/31 Peterborough to Ottawa. A great day and the first one for some great roads. I pieced together parts of several published rides online to make a route to Ottawa. Saw Letterkenny before crossing the Ottawa River via ferry into Quebec and following roads down to Ottawa. Checked out the castle-like government buildings and ended up at Byward Market for some Lebanese food.

20220731-Peterborough-Ontario-to-Ottawa-via-Algonquin-Park-and-Letterkenny.jpg

8/1 - Ottawa to Montreal. Another great day of roads with another run up north into the mountains to see Lac Simon and Mont Tremblant. Gotta love that route/gps "curvy" planning. Stayed on the island of Montreal near the Old Port. Beautiful city. Good walking. Good food. I had been warned of Quebecois rudeness if you didn't speak French. I was always greeted in french but when I responded in english, the speaker immediately shifted to english. Everyone was great.

20220801-Ottawa-Quebec-to-Montreal-Quebec-via-Lac-Simon-and-Mont-Tremblant.jpg

8/2 - Montreal to Rumford Maine. The first half of the day was wandering Montreal then off to the HD dealership. I had thrown off one of the spoke wheel weights on some of the rough roads around Mont Tremblant. They fixed me up and I headed out. The road from Montreal to the border was my first rainfall of the trip but it was solid for the next few hours. It was nice to cool off. Once the border was crossed I headed to Rumford Maine. I continued to use the curvy/adv routing on both Rever and the Zumo. Some of the best roads yet. The last of the rain was gone and the sunset, mist and clouds were amazing. I came around one small back road to a moose cow and her calf 100 yards in front of me. I slowed and they figured out which side of the road to head off to.

20220802-Montreal-Quebec-to-Rumford-Maine.jpg

8/2 Rumford Maine to Jeffersonville Vermont. Beautiful morning and I headed to Mt Washington. Road to the top. Cool views and history. Headed down and ended up camping at a small private campground in Jeffersonville VT.

20220803-Rumford-Maine-to-Jeffersonville-VT.jpg

8/3 Jeffersonville, VT to Oswego, NY. Took off in some humid weather and headed to Lake Placid. Tourist ski town but lots of leftover Olympic stuff. The ferry from VT to NY over Lake Champlain was cool. Picked Oswego, NY out of the blue and booked a room. Some nice curvy roads through the Adirondacks. Once west of the ADK, the area got pretty depressed. Made it to Oswego while dodging big storms.

20220804-Jeffersonville-VT-to-Oswego-NY-via-Lake-Placid-NY.jpg

8/5 Oswego to Indy. The area around Lake Ontario at NY is pretty uninspiring. I wanted to see the Finger Lakes and picked out Watkins Glen at the base of one. The ride was ok but the best roads were behind me now. Watkins Glen is a tourist destination but the Watkins Glen State Park chasm is worth seeing. As I was riding out, the weather turned bad. Heavy, heavy rain. I waited for the worst of it to be gone and then took off around 1400. The rain kept up off and on until Cleveland. From Cleveland down thru Columbus/Dayton to Indy it was dry. This made for the longest day yet - 700+ miles - but I was looking forward to home.

20220805-Oswego-NY-to-Indy-via-Finger-Lakes-and-Watkins-Glen.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom