• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well, I'm going to return the riding gear as they have flaws I find most unappealing. The coat doesn't allow concealed carry except shoulder holsters. The pants are made for someone that doesn't workout. The gloves are okay on my right hand but I can't even get on my left hand.
    I believe I will be upgrading to either Alpine Star or Fox.

The Bell helmet isn't Snell rated. It's just got DOT stamp.

I'm laughing with you, my friend.

You have gotten WAY into this gear thing, for a jeans/t-shirt/sunglasses Harley riding guy. Good for you sir! :yesway:

Since you are shopping again, I'll put in my :twocents:;

I find that I'll wear the jacket 100% of the time, since I bought the mesh "air jacket." As long as you are moving at all, it's not any hotter than a t-shirt alone. My 'cheap" Tourmaster Sonora jacket has waterproof/thermal liners for the cool and wet times. Hardly ever use them, but they are stowed.

FYI - I'm not necessarily recommending Tourmaster. The construction in some spots could have held up better. That said, it was affordable, especially when on sale.

3/4 length jacket is a must for me. It keeps the belt hardware covered, regardless of warp speeds, body position, or heaven forbid, hitting the ground.

Last edited:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm laughing with you, my friend.

You have gotten WAY into this gear thing, for a jeans/t-shirt/sunglasses Harley riding guy. Good for you sir! :yesway:
    Yeah, I usually am a jeans or 6 pocket Magpul pants / t-shirt / Oakleys rider...but...I had to get a lighter bike so I traded the Harley. I now have a 350lb 125hp Austrian wheelie machine. It has multi level ABS / traction control for cornering and a seperate mode for traction control when leaving a stop. I had Westfield Powersports download the racing module while it was getting electronic cruise control.
    What can I say? It's my midlife crisis bike (I'm 58).

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Yeah, I usually am a jeans or 6 pocket Magpul pants / t-shirt / Oakleys rider...but...I had to get a lighter bike so I traded the Harley. I now have a 350lb 125hp Austrian wheelie machine. It has multi level ABS / traction control for cornering and a seperate mode for traction control when leaving a stop. I had Westfield Powersports download the racing module while it was getting electronic cruise control.
    What can I say? It's my midlife crisis bike (I'm 58).

58? Don't worry young padwan, puberty is just around the corner!
    I never had a midlife crisis, I lived a whole life crisis (and survived)! LOL.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What kind of mileage do you folks get on your various bikes?

I have always thought that when I grew into it, that I wanted the liter version of my Kawasaki Versys. I'm a bit dismayed that watching a few reviews that bike is only speced at 35MPG. :xmad: Hell, my little car gets darn near that! :n00b:

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county

I have always thought that when I grew into it, that I wanted the liter version of my Kawasaki Versys. I'm a bit dismayed that watching a few reviews that bike is only speced at 35MPG. :xmad: Hell, my little car gets darn near that! :n00b:

My vmax gets around 40-45 mpg unless I ride hard then it.. well it doesn’t! It only has a 3.5 gallon tank so I get to stop and take a break on trips.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    58? Don't worry young padwan, puberty is just around the corner!
    I never had a midlife crisis, I lived a whole life crisis (and survived)! LOL.
    I haven't been a good steward of my body. 18 spines surgeries. 3 shoulder surgeries including total replacement.
    My neurosurgeon says I have the skeleton of a 90yr old. I have had a couple hernia surgeries. Not easy being a millwright for 31 years.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Well, I'm going to return the riding gear as they have flaws I find most unappealing. The coat doesn't allow concealed carry except shoulder holsters. The pants are made for someone that doesn't workout. The gloves are okay on my right hand but I can't even get on my left hand.
    I believe I will be upgrading to either Alpine Star or Fox.

The Bell helmet isn't Snell rated. It's just got DOT stamp.
    I have bought my last few helmets and one for my son from Cycle Gear in Castleton.
    I like the service they have given me.
    Edit, and a few Michelin's.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Put a deposit down on a Kawa ZH2. Supposed to come in some time this month, I just have to ride out to Mishawaka to get it when it comes in.
    I’m jealous my friend.. I’m sure it’s a much better bike than the 1973 H-2 750 triple I had.. wish I could find another h2 or kh400 triple!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I don't know much about the older stuff but it's a 4 cylinder, 998cc, 200hp supercharged naked bike. I would have stuck with Honda if they had a comparable model but they don't.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

My FX's on the highway average 44-49 mpg
    80 - 96 ci

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I get 57 mpg at 65 to 70 pulling my trailer. 66 mpg with the panniers on without the trailer. 75 mpg at around 45 mph.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    My 2004 FXSTSI, that is a Softtail with a Springer and fuel injection gets 45-50 mpg. That is 88 ci stock motor except V&H Straightshots and K&N air filter. Jim.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    So I actually googled "jiffy stand" because I'd never heard someone refer to a kickstand in that way. Apparently this is a Harley thing? Never owned one.
    lol. An Old harley thing. lol

Its fun to tease the windshield crowd with that one.
    Or the rockets with the middle of the rear tire worn out.

Top Bottom