Mother Russia on Somali pirates (WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEO)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    This particular crew of Somali pirates will never board another ship. That's the way they should all be handled...no muss, no fuss, end of story.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Those were some high class pirates. They had brass cased ammo lol.

I clearly heard dude say it was a fishing boat. I know I try to stay well armed when I'm out on the water as I've ran into a few angry beavers in the past. One even bit my grandpa's nipple off. I can only imagine the dangers of fishing on open waters.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I can't believe that no one has registered the obligatory complaint about those AK's that got blown up with the ship...

Seriously - I've heard all kinds of mumbling about why harsher measures aren't being taken. Non seemed to make a lot of sense to me. I would say that any Russians that are currently held elsewhere (like on shore) by the pirates may be in serious jeopardy.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I clearly heard dude say it was a fishing boat. I know I try to stay well armed when I'm out on the water as I've ran into a few angry beavers in the past. One even bit my grandpa's nipple off. I can only imagine the dangers of fishing on open waters.

Clearly the bait your grandfather was using was ill advised and who fishes for beavers anyway...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This is just horrible. We need to send AG Holder over to the USSR (I know) to straighten those big meanies out. Hopefully they will keep him over there.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

From the link in the above quote: "Without an effective central government since 1991, Somali pirates are currently holding at least 16 ships and more than 250 seamen to ransom."

Seems to me like all the world needs to do is hire the Russians to go get the ships and hostages, no one else apparently is as effective as the Russians. How did responsible countries allow this to get this far out of hand. The piracy is out of control only because no one stepped up to put a stop to it. Smells like a UN type fiasco, talk a lot of nonsense, be ineffective, do nothing until it's a crisis.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I found this to be hilarious!

Somali pirates captured and released by Russian navy 'have died'

A group of Somali pirates captured by the Russian navy in the Gulf of Aden and then set free in a boat are most probably dead after failing to reach the shore, according to Russian defence sources.

somaliPirate_1630437c.jpg

The raid against the Liberian-flagged ship Moscow University came 24 hours after pirates had taken the ship over and the crew locked themselves in a safe room Photo: AFP

7:00AM BST 12 May 2010

The 10 pirates were captured last week after seizing a Russian oil tanker but were then unexpectedly released, with Russian officials saying there was insufficient legal basis to keep them in detention and that they would be too expensive to feed.

"According to the latest information, the pirates who seized the Moscow University oil tanker failed to reach the shore. Evidently, they have all died," the high-ranking source was quoted as saying by Russia's official news agencies.... Click link for full story.
    Somali pirates captured and released by Russian navy 'have died' - Telegraph

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy

I usually troll for beaver and not fish for them.

Top Bottom