• GLock 27 most versatile?

• Total voters

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Kirk had it right with the T/C Contender, and the Encore takes it even further. No where else can you buy one receiver and have a pistol, rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader and almost unlimited caliber choices with no need for tax stamps, but if you want to NFA it you can have an SBR with hundreds of factory barrel options.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    It can be used as short range self defense and medium range self defense.....yeah, that's versatile! I guess you could hunt with it....has anyone...ever? What is the .410 good for?

you can hunt with .410, and its a great sd round(i know i wouldn't want go get shot with a 410 slug), you can't hunt with any configuration of a glock(legaly)

45 colt is a long range caliber too(and deer legal), the op asked for an all around gun, yes, the glock 27 is a choice, but is the 40/357sig/9 a better stopper than a 45colt/410?

45 acp is cheaper than 357 sig or 40 s&w so yes, you get a versatile cost, you dont have to worry about mixing up 40/357sig/9 ammo/barrel's(what would happen if someone did that?)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Voted don't care, would have voted bacon. I never was a G27 fan. I do have a Gen3 G23 with a 9mm conversion. It would be my end of the world handgun of choice. I just think the larger G19/23 is easier to shoot them the subcompacts.

Yea I agree the 23 or my 17 would be my pick if we were at the end! LOL,

I think my 23 would be my end of the world pistol. 27 would not be my favorite, but it has a lot of options.

Pretty much agree with the above. I have a G27 and run a 9mm barrel in it sometimes. It's probably the most adaptable in terms of the number of mags you can make it work with. But, if the SHTF, I'm most likely going to carry the G23.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Jealous of my combover?

confirmed1.jpg

I'm so happy.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    A .357 magnum with a four inch barrel...Good for what ails you....

This.

A .357 (or .38 special) can be loaded down for anything from cream puff range load and not malfunction
    A .357 can be loaded up heavy and use a hard cast "what bear? I just see fur and bear poo?" bullet.
    You can run snake shot without malfunction.
    Bullet profile doesn't matter much since there's no feed ramp to worry about.
    Generally its easy to swap the grip/stocks out to a much smaller or much larger one to fit your hand better. Rubber, wood, horn, ivory, you can dress it up or you can set it up for business or both.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    What is the .410 good for?

Harumph...For guys my age who were given one in our youth as our first gun to hunt with...Then became very frustrated when we couldn't seem to hit or kill anything with it..

"Daddy? Is the squirrel supposed to be still moving around like that after I hit him?"

We buy them again to remember why we cursed and got rid of them in our youth....:)

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    What about that accuracy though. Out of a subcompact the accuracy and the actual availability of such cartridges. I would at the least like to have a full size or a revolver in 38/357

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    This is why I really like Glocks. They have MORE capacity than any wheel gun and are much easier and quicker to reload. They are not one shots like the T/C, and much easier to carry. My favorite is the Glock G21 Gen 2, a full sized pistol that I can CC carry and fits on a Mech-Tech Carbine in seconds and can change back again in seconds. This Gen 2 also fits my big hands (size 15 wedding ring). There is no more versatile CARRY gun with LARGE capacity capability one the market than Glock. All the others mentioned, not even close.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The only problem I have with the 27 is it being that small and shooting a lot of ammo through it. If I were to get a .40 and look for versatility my choice would be the 23 since you get the same options as far as the 3 calibers but in a slightly more shooter-friendly size. But in a nutshell, the .40 cal Glocks do offer much more versatility than the others. Having said that, though...there is just something about owning the actual guns instead of just their barrels to swap out. I'd vote for buying reloading equipment so you can reload your .40 cal ammo from powderpuff to full-house rounds and save on buying all those barrels and extra mags :D

Top Bottom