• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    I did a search and haven't found a thread on this yet, and since I have an unusual firearm, I'll start!

This came from my grandfathers collection. He died before I was born so I could not ask him about it and other posts on the web did not turn up any info either. Would love to know more about it, sadly, no markings, probably homemade.

Skeleton_Key1.jpg

Skeleton_Key2.jpg

Skeleton_Key3.jpg

Skeleton_Key4.jpg

SkeletonKey4.jpg

Show us yours!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I used to own an H&K P7.

More common now than they ever have been (in this country) - but still a quite unusual and unique manual of arms.

Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    I was given this gun last week by a friend from church who knows that I enjoy guns and shooting. It is an Iver Johnson 32 caliber black powder cartridge revolver. Top break. I traced the serial # and it was made in 1896! I took it apart as it did not work to see what is wrong. I found that at least 3 springs are missing: the trigger spring, hand spring, and sear spring. I cleaned it and reassembled the gun. Not sure if I'll bother to try and repair it. Most likely the springs don't exist. Still a piece of history, made in Massachusetts. Any thought on what to do with it?
    IverJohnson010_zpsd07071a9.jpg

IverJohnson006_zpsdfdc28d2.jpg

IverJohnson007_zps84a430db.jpg

IverJohnson008_zps07dc0409.jpg

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    My G-Grandfather had a 36 gauge shotgun. My grandfather used to hunt frogs with it. I don't have it though, it went to my uncle.

WJB63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette area
    My father in-law picked up an unusual long gun at an auction called a "Zulu Shotgun". He had no idea what it was at the time, just liked the strange look of it. After I contacted an old gun guru that I know and sent him pictures he told us what it was that my father in-law had found. Seems that the Brits converted various makes of muzzle loaders into trap door type shotguns and sold them off. The breech area had been cut to accept the trap door mechanism which is made of brass. Weird as heck to look at and not something I would want to fire even with paper-hulled black powder shot shells.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    My father in-law picked up an unusual long gun at an auction called a "Zulu Shotgun". He had no idea what it was at the time, just liked the strange look of it. After I contacted an old gun guru that I know and sent him pictures he told us what it was that my father in-law had found. Seems that the Brits converted various makes of muzzle loaders into trap door type shotguns and sold them off. The breech area had been cut to accept the trap door mechanism which is made of brass. Weird as heck to look at and not something I would want to fire even with paper-hulled black powder shot shells.
    Almost bought one of these once. They were originally French muskets, bought by some company can't remember, but I almost want to say they were Belgian. Sold as a cheap game getter in the United States and other parts of the world. "Zulu" was a marketing term used by the big catalog stores to sell more of them.

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    I did a search and haven't found a thread on this yet, and since I have an unusual firearm, I'll start!

This came from my grandfathers collection. He died before I was born so I could not ask him about it and other posts on the web did not turn up any info either. Would love to know more about it, sadly, no markings, probably homemade.

Skeleton_Key1.jpg

Skeleton_Key2.jpg

Skeleton_Key3.jpg

Skeleton_Key4.jpg

SkeletonKey4.jpg

Show us yours!

I seen a gun like this on pawn stars. I believe they said it was a key to a cell door. Match lock, used as defense if the prisoner tried something. They ended up buying it and then sold it to the arms and armor guy they have one all the time.

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Well strange to me.

I have a H.M Quackenbush .22 rifle.
    Not my actualy gun, but exactly the same:
    144250_02_h_m_quackenbush_22lr_boys_rifl_640.jpg

An old 20 gauge Bolt action Shotgun.
    Similar to this:
    moss20.jpg

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

Skeleton_Key1.jpg

Skeleton_Key2.jpg

Skeleton_Key3.jpg

Skeleton_Key4.jpg

SkeletonKey4.jpg

Show us yours!

Search jailers key guns. I recall see something about key guns on the pawn stars. Ops, what tin cup said. .

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I had a Fox model B double bbl shotgun (yeah I know right?)
    barrels cut down to 18 1/2", with the stock cut down, and an old military metal buttplate, bought it from Kenny Sumner at Knob Creek years ago......great truck gun, wish I still had it

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    I seen a gun like this on pawn stars. I believe they said it was a key to a cell door. Match lock, used as defense if the prisoner tried something. They ended up buying it and then sold it to the arms and armor guy they have one all the time.

Yeah, I've heard similar things about the design.

BTW, did they have their firearms expert look at it and do you remember what he said the value was?

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Yeah, I've heard similar things about the design.

BTW, did they have their firearms expert look at it and do you remember what he said the value was?

The pawn stars key gun was from the 17th century and Sean, the armorer, said it was worth $1200-$1500 at auction. He ended up buying the piece from pawn stars.

Season 2 Episode 3 for reference.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    God I love that thing... How Long is It????, What Is the Bore size???? And how big is the hole for the matchlock cord???

It almost looks like a joke... Can not imagine a guard in a prison walking around with this loaded with a burning cord on it...

Well this made my day Moocho thanks for sharing******,

Skeleton_Key1.jpg

Skeleton_Key2.jpg

Skeleton_Key3.jpg

Skeleton_Key4.jpg

SkeletonKey4.jpg

Show us yours!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I had a pistol called a Glock 19 once..It was a generaion 3..I kept trying to figure out how to change the grips on it (there were no bushings or holes for a screw..) I was going to epoxy some stag slabs on the side but got rid of it before I could find the slabs of stag...The frame seemed to be made of some kind of high strength polymer and the rifling was called poly something or another and it was said you could not shoot lead bullets in it..:D

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Oh OH... forgot to ask how much does this thing weigh?????

Skeleton_Key1.jpg

Skeleton_Key2.jpg

Skeleton_Key3.jpg

Skeleton_Key4.jpg

SkeletonKey4.jpg

Show us yours!

Top Bottom