• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I remember back when Miami Vice was on tv a kid in one of my classes was seriously into that show.

We discussed the Bren Ten quite a bit. I learned a lot about guns from that kid. I wonder what he's doing these days. Probably a cop or something.

I doubt I'll ever have a Bren Ten, those are for serious collectors from what I've read. But I still can buy CZs which is kind of what the Bren Ten was designed after. And CZs are very awsome. Just not available in 10mm.

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    1911 hands down. I think it beats out Dirty Harry's 44 Mag IMHO. Everyone in the movies has carried the 1911...ww1 and 2 movies, vietnam, modern spec op movies, gang banger homies are shown with it. :twocents:

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I'd say 1911, and/or the DE .50, based on fame not number of times seen. About anyone who sees a DE for the first time is impressed, very intimidating look, but I hear they lack in reliability, more of a fun gun I suppose. :draw:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm partial to Sharps...

Quigley-Copy.jpg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    What about the shotgun?? Someone always has a shotgun in the movies.

Tubbs on Miami Vice with his pistol gripped scattergun under his jacket! Judge Roy Bean with his pump gun and Billy the kid in the Pat Garret and Billy the Kid movie loaded with dimes!! Awesome scene.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I think I'd have to go with Dirty Harry's .44 mag too. His "did I fire 6 shots or only 5" dialogue is pretty much a part of pop culture that most every American adult would recognize and if you were to then ask "what kind of gun was he carrying" I think most everyone would say "a .44 magnum, the most powerful hand gun in the world."

In second I'm going to say James Bond's Walther PPK, though I think that if asked most people would just say "a Walther."

Well...I also think that the Tommy gun is pretty iconic too and recognizable too...

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Well, are we talking the gun most used in movies? That would be Glock or 1911, but Hollywood only seems to acknowledge the existence of 20 different guns or so. :dunno:

If you're talking specific guns, perhaps it would be Dirty Harry's .44, though that's somewhat outdated amongst the younger crowd. (Not that it isn't a BA movie and gun...)
    The Desert Eagle certainly holds its own, and everyone got to see it as a concealed carry weapon in the Matrix movies.:D
    The lever action shotgun used in the Terminator is still an awesome and respected movie gun. Who doesn't want to ride on a motorcycle and shoot stuff with that bad boy?

I dunno where I'm going with this. Just adding some broad input, I suppose.

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    I agree with Roscott, the chopped Winchester 1887 Arnold has in T2 really gets me going. I'm not old enough to know of half the movies you guys are talking about (shame, I know) with the exception of Dirty Harry so here are a few that stand out in my mind.

Die Hard - Beretta 92 (Where I first fell in love with it, snooping the TV guide, finding out when it would air on TBS and sneak out to watch it after my parents went to bed)
    Predator - Jessie Ventura's Minigun (BAMF)
    Matrix, Tomb Raider - D. Eagle (Can't deny it)
    Shooter - CheyTac (Will go well with the Barrett I don't have)
    Tombstone - Colt Single Action Army (I can't believe no one has mentioned this movie yet)
    Magpul Dynamics - Costa and Haley's M4s are majestic in these instructional videos

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    And I suppose I can give the 1911 its due respect. I can't pinpoint one movie other than "We Were Soldiers" that it gave a more grand appearance in but I know it was in many many others. OH and one more gun

Saving Private Ryan - M1 Garand AND Thompson .45

Ok 2 more guns. I need to head to qualifications before I continue through my movie library

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    ...I'm not old enough to know of half the movies you guys are talking about (shame, I know)...
    I am not slamming on you, but this gave me a gut check when I read it. :) I was in either 8th or 9th grade when cable first arrived. We lived in a rural area of our county and never had cable access.

I remember MTV's initial appearance on cable, and how it blew everyone away by changing the way we thought about music.

I remember watching the "late movie" and the "late late movie" on the regular tv channels at night. Then the playing of the National Anthem, followed by the "test pattern" until 5:00 or 6:00 A.M. the next morning. Watching the tv stations go off the air always left me with the feeling that I was watching the world shut down and then re-awaken in the early hours of the day. I guess that is why the movies I watched as a kid stick in my mind so much. The Westerns. James Bond. Godzilla. The various police shows (One Adam Twelve?)

Re-runs did not occur very frequently so, when I watched an interesting movie, I tried to absorb the content as deeply as I could. Now, I see the same movie repeated frequently on the same channel or played on several channels within hours or days of one another.

I don't feel old, but I guess I'm getting there. :D

Top Bottom