• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    I was just watching Dirty Harry on tv today....was wondering if the .44 mag. is the most famous firearm ever in the movies....then i remembered John Waynes winchester...I would like to get everyones opinion on other movie firearms..which is your #1 pick:popcorn:

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    :popcorn:From TV -
    Wanted: Dead or Alive - Steve McQueens "Mares Leg"
    The Rebel - Nick Adams' sawed off double barrel
    The Man From UNCLE - "UNCLE Special" and THRUSH carbine.
    The Rifleman - Chuck Conners' rifle

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The S&W 29 was just a big gun until Dirty Harry made it world famous. They were sold out for years. John Wayne's Colts. Patton's Ivory handled .357 (carried a .45 Colt sometimes), Don Johnson's Bren Ten (later a S&W). Paladin's .45, Sgt Saunders Thompson. A lot of famous guns from TV and movies.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    To me the most iconic is a much more modern firearm. When I was 8 or 9 Dad took my brother and I to see a Cubs games. After the game we went to a movie, we had a choice between some Jerry Lewis movie and "The Green Beret". My dad got his butt ripped by Mom later but we saw John Wayne in the Green Beret and his M-16 has always stuck in my mind. You have to remember the M-16 was heavily featured in the news in 68 which also stuck in my mind.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Gotta go with Dirty Harry's .44 magnum. That gun crossed the line to being a character in its own right. Even non "gun people" recognize that gun, which is saying something.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Mini gun used by Jesse Ventura in Predator stands out ,When I seen that being carried I was hooked. The Wildey magnum Charles Bronson used in death wish 3 was the best promotion a company could get. But as far as Iconic the gatling gun John Wayne used in True Grit always stands out along with the final gun battle in Rooster Cogburn with the big loop Winchester in one hand & a Colt 45 in the other,gives me goosebumps .Gotta love the Duke used the same Colt 45 in most of his cowboy movies,many thought as his good luck charm. My second favorite was the cartridge conversion that Clint Eastwood carried in the man with no name series of spaghetti westerns.Just some of my favorites

Top Bottom