• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I've seen this photo online for years, and I just wonder how legit it really is. Everything seems okay until you look at the mushroom-cloud fireball at around 7" into the 10mm track. This needs vetting or at least accompanying data not represented here IMHO. :scratch:

"pocket?" probably a .357 revolver, or a .40 auto if you don't want to go the 10mm route. Do whatever you want though, there's tons of suggestions in this thread already.

I agree, I would like to see or even do some ballistic gel tests myself, but it just looks so freakin' cool, I can't resist throwin' it out there every time somebody mentions the 10mm.

I have a Glock 20SF and will soon be getting a 29SF for EDC, and I can honestly say, that even if that graphic is exaggerated, I love the 10mm round for it's sheer power and versatility!

Those that have never shot a 10mm, just don't know what they are missing out on.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    When I looked at the post I'm sure it said (Pocket Carry) So on the different posts I see posts that suggest 10mm, .357's, 44magnums, to 500mag! As a POCKET CARRY??? Come on guys, can't we stick to what the member is asking for? Things get so far off track!! We can do better~~~right?

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    When I looked at the post I'm sure it said (Pocket Carry) So on the different posts I see posts that suggest 10mm, .357's, 44magnums, to 500mag! As a POCKET CARRY??? Come on guys, can't we stick to what the member is asking for? Things get so far off track!! We can do better~~~right?

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I have a Ruger LCR .357 magnum and I'm confident it has all the stopping power I would need if I ever had to use it and it's small enough to pocket carry.

AtlasDM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2012
    This guy on YouTube does 3-4 10mm tests as well as multiple tests in 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, and others.

Sold me on a 10mm if I had the money for one without selling my SR9c. I just don't want to part with my first gun.

Not sure how to embed the video in to the post but the link goes straight to it.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/sl_n_miLfbY

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am not going to get too far into this thread, but I have actually fired a .45LC derringer. The first shot was unpleasant, the second shot was enough, I didn't want to fire it again. I have fired a J frame smith in .357, and it is unpleasant, but controllable.

Top Bottom