• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrussel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Mosins are wonderful rifles that have a great history behind them. I would encourage you to seek another rifle if you are wanting to put a scope on one. Drilling or changing anything on these rifles will greatly decrease their value.

The recoil of a Mosin is higher than a Garand, but I believe mostly due to the fact that the Garand is a semiautomatic and the recoil gets absorbed by the SA mechanism. The Mosin is bolt action so all of the force goes either out the muzzle or into your shoulder. After you fire it a bit you should get used to it pretty well. I don't have a problem w/ mine.

My Mosin is made of mismatched parts. I dont really consider it collectable,its something I shoot,so I have considered putting a scope on it. If it was all matching parts in really nice shape and all,I wouldnt be taking it to the range. As time goes on,and people take those out and shoot them (or bubbafy them),there will be less and less of them in pristine condition. Most especially,I wouldnt drill holes in it and put a scope on it.

Top Bottom