• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Freeman's publicist has announced that this was a hoax and that Freeman never made this statement.

I had a feeling this would be the outcome. If a nobody says a quote like this, they are labeled a radical. but if a celebrity makes a quote like this, it becomes some holy saying, or something legendary.

TBH, the guy who wrote this was smart in a way to say Morgan Freeman wrote this just because it would get national attention.

IRISH1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    South Bend
    This is very similar to what Michael Moore says in Bowling for Columbine. Guns don't kill people, Americans kill people because of our media-aided and abetted culture of violence.

Michael Moore also recently made an anti-gun statement after the most recent shootings. I realize that each situation is different...but in the context that the guns do not kill the people the people with untreated possible disorders and questioned upbringing kill people, I believe that applies to both situations.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Before I rant... Morgan Freeman is my 2nd favorite actor of all time. I totally respect the man's talent and I think he makes a great point and I agree with him wholeheartedly on this subject........

HOWEVER... on Super Tuesday, I got a call from Mr. Freeman. My phone rang and I answered and Morgan was on the other end telling me how we can save this country by VOTING FOR BARACK OBAMA.

(of course it was a recording... but I felt a little special)

Either way... I'm still a little irritated by it all.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    although the quote has a lot of truth to it, Morgan freeman came out and said that he did not make that comment. There also one with samuel L. Jackson circulating sayng "gun control not the issue, he greup in the south and everybody had guns no one shot up everybody. " Loosely quoted. But i wonder about the valididty of that one also. Yes its a shame that when soemone from hollywood says something that people Actually listen to them, but thats where we are at as asociety, so lets hope that at least a hanful of people in the spotlight agree wih these ideals and speaks out. I saw something on yahoo.com i beleive it was a couple of weeks ago about celebrities that own/carry firearms, and i cant find it now but i know that Johnny Depp was one of them and there were soem very notable celebrities on that list. I wish i could find it

Top Bottom