• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Probably, but there's got to be more to it than that. I've been drunk. I've never shot my offspring while drunk. Ditto literally millions of other gun owners who drink.

As you said...has to be more involved. The family dynamic can be so complicated but letting things go this far shows deeper problems than what we are seeing.

There have been moments that I have been so mad at one of my sons it was good I did not have a gun in hand as I would have used it as a club....shooting him, never an option.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Call me a bigot ... but that looks like the sort of guy that takes football seriously enough to shoot people.

IMO football is a backyard game you play with your family. This goofy football worship gets worse every year, and its not a healthy lifestyle nor is it healthy for our society. Just my opinion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Call me a bigot ... but that looks like the sort of guy that takes football seriously enough to shoot people.

IMO football is a backyard game you play with your family. This goofy football worship gets worse every year, and its not a healthy lifestyle nor is it healthy for our society. Just my opinion.

Some people will take anything to extreme's. If not football then NASCR or hockey or NBA or whatever. Those of that mindset are going to find something to worship.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Like BBI and CM indicated above, I doubt football is the root cause of this. But you're right in that some folks will lift their teams (don't forget about the soccer and NBA riots) up to worship-like status.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The argument wasn't about football! It was because "dad" wanted to stay out drinking!
    This.

There's a difference between being drunk/intoxicated and being A drunk/alcoholic. I'd bet money the father is the latter, and probably has an anger issues. If it isn't well-known to outsiders, I'll bet an interview with his girlfriend or the deceased's girlfriend would shed some light on it. Unless the boy's mom has passed as well, there's a divorce, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised it involved Mr. Trigger Happy's tendency to be physically violent.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    next we will be reading about some attorney fighting for him to get his guns back....regardless of his actions, that seems to be how things roll in that AO

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I was wondering what was going on last night... Heard the cops jumping the hill beside my house they were trucking along so fast.

This evidently happened just a short ways up the road from me.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I know both of the people involved in this.
    My daughter dated the son and I met and talked with the father on several occassions.
    He was a nice kid, he had some problems, but this is something that my family and I are having trouble wrapping our heads around.

Put your mind at ease. At least your daughter wasn't the kids pregnant girlfriend in the room where he was shot.
    Count your blessings.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Absolutely reprehensible. If the father is guilty of the crime he needs to go away for a long time to be alone with his thoughts. I'm perfectly fine with my tax dollars paying for his suicide watch. :xmad:

"...son's murder."

Like the son owned it...

Terrible writing. Journalism sucks these days.

:n00b:

That's a standard way of succinctly stating the facts for a headline. Journalistic standards have certainly slipped in the last decade for various reasons, but objections to that headline are misguided.

Also note that the IDS is a student newspaper. An award-winning daily student paper, but a student paper nonetheless. Even if the objection had merit it would be silly to hold them to the same standard as a non-student publication.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I heard about this as well. Alcohol leads us to do stupid stuff. This has nothing to do with football. A drunken argument could start over anything. After something starts with many scenarios, the initiating issue doesn't matter.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Absolutely reprehensible. If the father is guilty of the crime he needs to go away for a long time to be alone with his thoughts. I'm perfectly fine with my tax dollars paying for his suicide watch. :xmad:

I would be perfectly happy if my tax dollars DIDN"T pay for the suicide watch. :xmad:

All I can say is after reading the second article it seams as though it was an ongoing thing. Just hate that it had to get to that point.

On a positive note the responders all had fresh baked cookies. :n00b:

Top Bottom