• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joliverjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Whiteland
    I could care less about "wasting their time" honestly. They are hourly workers, not commission based that I know of, so they are there for the customer's use as long as they are clocked in. And why would I pay $200+ for a gun I could get cheaper down the road? Have you never test drove a car and not bought it? What's the difference? Wasting their time, pshh. Capitalism my friends, capitalism.
    Why couldn't you care less about wasting their time? You do realize they are still human beings and many people take pride in their work? Hourly employees don't just automatically become your bi@#$ because they aren't making commission (which is 1%, so hardly much incentive). Call me crazy, but I feel that working people deserve a little respect no matter what their job is. I also must be crazy about the idea of the word "customer". I don't consider the guy that comes and buys nothing to be a customer.

TheDoaner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Southern IN
    Voicing one's displeasure at hourly employees or ranting on internet forums won't change one thing about Gander Mountain. David Pratt is the majority shareholder of Gander Mountain. If you have a legitimate gripe or suggestion then you should go to Gander's website and leave your comments under the customer service section. These are given a great deal of weight by the corporate headquarters and are brought to the immediate attention of the specific store where you shop. Managers are not held accountable for some guy who wads up his number and storms off or someone who refuses to redeem their gift card. Their bonuses are dependent on a number of factors of which web comments are weighted fairly heavily into it. So maybe you GM haters can tell Mr. Pratt how to offer a giant selection of guns and ammo at Wal-mart prices while staffing the stores with friendly firearm savants that know the exact MIM content of each model, which Weaver base plates go on the gun that your uncle gave you, and will cheerfully hand your wife the perfect holster when she comes in and makes the all too common uber specific request, "My husband needs a holster for a 9mm". Perhaps some of you can tell him how to pay the knowledgeable staff who can't work over 25 hrs a week without receiving benefits while at the same time Gander is supposed to pay you more than 60% for your used firearm and sell it really cheap to the next guy while guaranteeing it's function. Tell them how you hate shopping there except on .22 ammo day and you want to buy all of it to resell because it's your right as a capitalist if you're in line first. Tell them how people who have to work on ammo day deserve to be SOL when they buy their kid a 10/22 but GM sold all the ammo to the guys who only buy .22LR on ammo day. Tell them how even though they price match, you love fondling the handguns and dry firing them a few times before you go and buy them elsewhere. I'm sure Mr. Pratt would love to hear all of these injustices along with any legitimate complaints. By voicing it on Gander's website I assure you it will get more attention than it will here. You can also tell Mr. Pratt how beer costs too much at a Cardinals game or how pricey Three Forks Ranch is because he's got an interest in those two over price organizations as well.

TheDoaner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Southern IN
    Voicing one's displeasure at hourly employees or ranting on internet forums won't change one thing about Gander Mountain. David Pratt is the majority shareholder of Gander Mountain. If you have a legitimate gripe or suggestion then you should go to Gander's website and leave your comments under the customer service section. These are given a great deal of weight by the corporate headquarters and are brought to the immediate attention of the specific store where you shop. Managers are not held accountable for some guy who wads up his number and storms off or someone who refuses to redeem their gift card. Their bonuses are dependent on a number of factors of which web comments are weighted fairly heavily into it. So maybe you GM haters can tell Mr. Pratt how to offer a giant selection of guns and ammo at Wal-mart prices while staffing the stores with friendly firearm savants that know the exact MIM content of each model, which Weaver base plates go on the gun that your uncle gave you, and will cheerfully hand your wife the perfect holster when she comes in and makes the all too common uber specific request, "My husband needs a holster for a 9mm". Perhaps some of you can tell him how to pay the knowledgeable staff who can't work over 25 hrs a week without receiving benefits while at the same time Gander is supposed to pay you more than 60% for your used firearm and sell it really cheap to the next guy while guaranteeing it's function. Tell them how you hate shopping there except on .22 ammo day and you want to buy all of it to resell because it's your right as a capitalist if you're in line first. Tell them how people who have to work on ammo day deserve to be SOL when they buy their kid a 10/22 but GM sold all the ammo to the guys who only buy .22LR on ammo day. Tell them how even though they price match, you love fondling the handguns and dry firing them a few times before you go and buy them elsewhere. I'm sure Mr. Pratt would love to hear all of these injustices along with any legitimate complaints. By voicing it on Gander's website I assure you it will get more attention than it will here. You can also tell Mr. Pratt how beer costs too much at a Cardinals game or how pricey Three Forks Ranch is because he's got an interest in those two over priced organizations as well.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    This thread is very indicative of the "The World Revolves Around My A$$" mentality people have today. " I don't care about some hourly worker, it's all about me"

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hello Churchmouse! I just have to chime in with chuckles. This would be like me having you bid on a project for me. And knowing all along I'm going to use my brother-in-law's cousin, (who got his license from the back of a match book cover), and has an "in" at some "seconds" wholesale place. Church... sometimes, ya just gotta hope people like that get what they deserve :)
    Listen up my man: I wish you and yours a GREAT NEW YEAR!!!

I cannot tell you how many times a potential customer has had me work up a project plan and BOM only to hand it over to their cousin who doesn't know how to do the design work but can kind of configure a network switch. I'm comforted by the fact that the actual project plan is only a tiny part of the skill needed to successfully complete the project.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As a former sporting goods big box employee, I loved it when the customers knew more than me--fishing, archery, guns, knives. It was an opportunity to learn.

Back then we operated under the premise that the customer was always right. "Yes, sir, how many?" was the only question we were encouraged to ask.:D

02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.
    I have always had a good experience at GM Greenwood. Always seem professional and pleasant to work with. Bought a Browning TBolt Sporter there last spring, gave me good price on a great package including 1200 rounds of 22LR.

JAW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2013
    Spencerville
    Was there today just browsing and noticed the price on their XDS bi tone, $679, but not too surprised. Their prices are always stupid like that. Left there and went to ZX GUN and the same exact firearm was $539. The all black was $499, all were post recall or newer models. Zx and Wrigley's are the best thing to happen to Fort Wayne.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I tried to yesterday, who closes during the time of year that a lot of people are still on vacation and looking to spend money?

We have traditionally taken the week between Christmas and New Years for our end-of-year inventory. If we get inventory done in less than a week, our crew gets some time off, which they don't get during the holidays when everyone else is on vacation. We advertised our holiday hours here on INGO, on Facebook, on our Email list, on our big sign outside, on our answering machine and on a sign on the door, well in advance.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    We have traditionally taken the week between Christmas and New Years for our end-of-year inventory. If we get inventory done in less than a week, our crew gets some time off, which they don't get during the holidays when everyone else is on vacation. We advertised our holiday hours here on INGO, on Facebook, on our Email list, on our big sign outside, on our answering machine and on a sign on the door, well in advance.

And more power to ya! EVERYBODY deserves a vacation. And that includes you. :):

RAP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    New Whiteland
    Found a shotgun on sale for a DEEEEP discount at Basspro in Louisville. I went to Gander and asked them to price match and they did. That's the great news however the sales guy that helped me was a huge "brand snob" and since I wasn't buying a $1500 Benelli he did nothing but trash talk the shotgun I was after. I dont believe they train on customer service or even basic sales skills for that matter. Oh well I got my gun 40% less than MSRP.

Top Bottom