• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    More homeless fun to deal with while doing some moring chores in Bloomington. This all happened within 10 minutes: This is the area south of the new post office.

At the gas station I get asked for a few dollars of gas to put in a gas can so the guy can fuel up his scooter. I said sorry.

Another guy at the same gas station by the door asks me to get him some drinks from the gas station and I say sorry. As I'm leaving the same guy says you spent money on the lottery and for drinks but could not help him.....I said get out of my way and too bad.

Both give me the evil stare and the gas guy gets some fuel from a lady, the next pump over, just to get him to leave.

I pull away and head north. A drugged up old guy walks in front of me in the road and stops. I honk and stop and he just waves at me. A few honks from the other stopped cars and he gets back on the sidewalk. I pass the homeless shelter on the left and a guy is taking a **** on the fence in plain view of the shelter and the cars. Another homeless person at least wet himself without pulling it out, so I guess I'm happy.

I visited a customer not far from this area and he had just turned away some visitors who wanted some free services. When he said no, they asked to work for the free services and he said sorry. The lady was nice enough to spit on his door and yell at his customers in the waiting room.

He has already paid for more security cameras, better lighting and removed most of his landscaping to keep the homeless from messing with his building. When his lease is up he is moving away from this BS that he deals with daily.

His complaints to Bloomington get nothing and I wonder what the other businesses are going to do in the near future.

Anyone else notice a lot more "homeless" in Bloomington this year?

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Didn't the low barrier shelters just close their doors for the season recently? There are many more on the streets now because they don't want to stay clean in order to stay at one of the many other shelters in Bloomington.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    More homeless fun to deal with while doing some moring chores in Bloomington. This all happened within 10 minutes: This is the area south of the new post office.

At the gas station I get asked for a few dollars of gas to put in a gas can so the guy can fuel up his scooter. I said sorry.

Another guy at the same gas station by the door asks me to get him some drinks from the gas station and I say sorry. As I'm leaving the same guy says you spent money on the lottery and for drinks but could not help him.....I said get out of my way and too bad.

Both give me the evil stare and the gas guy gets some fuel from a lady, the next pump over, just to get him to leave.

I pull away and head north. A drugged up old guy walks in front of me in the road and stops. I honk and stop and he just waves at me. A few honks from the other stopped cars and he gets back on the sidewalk. I pass the homeless shelter on the left and a guy is taking a **** on the fence in plain view of the shelter and the cars. Another homeless person at least wet himself without pulling it out, so I guess I'm happy.

I visited a customer not far from this area and he had just turned away some visitors who wanted some free services. When he said no, they asked to work for the free services and he said sorry. The lady was nice enough to spit on his door and yell at his customers in the waiting room.

He has already paid for more security cameras, better lighting and removed most of his landscaping to keep the homeless from messing with his building. When his lease is up he is moving away from this BS that he deals with daily.

His complaints to Bloomington get nothing and I wonder what the other businesses are going to do in the near future.

Bah. So sad, because I was wanting to eventually buy land NEAR there, but these stories make me not want to :(.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One of many reasons I'm glad I don't live in Bloomington any more. I just hope that crap doesn't move further south. CarmelHP is right: They reap what they sow. Enjoy, Bloomington.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    Bloomington

My wife and I just last week joined a church down there. There are homeless people all around cause the church gives them breakfast sunday morning. Then they wait around for the library to open. While walking out of the church one guy asked me for money. I said I didn't have any. I don't carry cash on me. He said no problem and moved on. Then a couple other homeless guys over along the wall start yelling all across the parking lot at us. I think if I see the first guy again I will offer him $20 to go punch the other guy in the face. Paid after services rendered of course. But, if the church is going to coddle these people that treat us like that, then they will get none of my money either. We have a meeting with the preacher next weekend. Kind of a welcome thing. I will bring this up. Okay, their homeless, I get it. But no need to treat us like that. Not only will he get no money or sympathy from me, but now none of the others will either. I say, screw them and just don't mess up my car when I run over them.

Jason

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    My wife and I just last week joined a church down there. There are homeless people all around cause the church gives them breakfast sunday morning. Then they wait around for the library to open. While walking out of the church one guy asked me for money. I said I didn't have any. I don't carry cash on me. He said no problem and moved on. Then a couple other homeless guys over along the wall start cussing my wife and I out yelling all across the parking lot at us. I think if I see the first guy again I will offer him $20 to go punch the other guy in the face. Paid after services rendered of course. But, if the church is going to coddle these people that treat us like that, then they will get none of my money either. We have a meeting with the preacher next weekend. Kind of a welcome thing. I will bring this up. Okay, their homeless, I get it. But no need to treat us like that. Not only will he get no money or sympathy from me, but now none of the others will either. I say, screw them and just don't mess up my car when I run over them.

Jason

You may have noticed that many of this shiftless hoard are young and well-fed and mostly healthy except for their drug and alcohol induced problems. They should be in the prime of their working lives, but know that the shiftless, drug addled Democrats that pass for city leaders will let them stay, eat for free, **** in doorways, and strongarm the innocent.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If some homeless SOB started cursing at me he'd get the nearest solid object to the side of the head. Problem isn't going to go away unless the people force it to leave.

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    When I went to IU from 2008-2010 they didn't seem to be much of an issue. There was the occasional panhandler on Kirkwood near campus and at the bus station on 4th and Washington, but they were never unduly aggressive or threatening. Sounds like the problem has gotten a lot worse as of late, and further affirms my decision to avoid the downtown area as much as possible these days.

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    The wife and me went to Sams Club in Bloomington last week and was met in the parking lot by a young woman begging for gas money also, gave her a stern look and said NO, she walked on to other customers. Future Sams Club trips will be to Evansville.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm not sure why we should be surprised. Those behaviors which are subsidized will continue to exist, if not thrive in the environment which subsidizes them.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN

I have a realtive that owns a business on the south side of Bloomington, east of the hospital and he has a nightmare dealing with the homeless.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    You may have noticed that many of this shiftless hoard are young and well-fed and mostly healthy except for their drug and alcohol induced problems. They should be in the prime of their working lives, but know that the shiftless, drug addled Democrats that pass for city leaders will let them stay, eat for free, **** in doorways, and strongarm the innocent.

Don't forget free medical services. I have several friends in the ED at the hospital and they talk of the regulars (homeless) taxing the health services.

It is well known when it is rainy, that many of the homeless head to the hosptial to get out of the weather. They use the ED for a shelter.

Top Bottom