• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Perhaps you smokers have no idea just how bad seeing someone smoke or "smoke" can trigger a craving to those of us that quit smoking... we won't even discuss 2nd hand smoke.. I quit smoking 5 years ago after 20 years of doing it... 5 years in, and I STILL get cravings for a cigarette.. I even considered trying an e-cig despite the promise of a broken knee from the wife if she found out... addictions are nothing to sneeze at...

to put it simply, your choice to smoke should not affect my choice not to...

I have not had a cigarette since before the first of the year after over 25 years of smoking. I still get cravings for one too, and expect to for quite a while. Your lack of self control is your problem, why try to push it off on other people? Your choice to not smoke should not affect others choice to smoke.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Maybe "mopboy" wasn't the term I should have used. As for him being a Guard member this fella appears to be a bit old for that.
    I just didn't appreciate his tone or his attitude. Had he POLITELY asked me not to vape in the building I might have went along with it.
    As for fellow INGO members who think smoking and vaping are the same I really think you should do a little homework BEFORE you opine. Tthink Croy's posts explained it pretty well.

Footnote: The maintenance man, janitor, custodian, (didn't use mopboy) was there today and didn't say the first word about it. Still scratching my head over that one.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Maybe "mopboy" wasn't the term I should have used. As for him being a Guard member this fella appears to be a bit old for that.
    I just didn't appreciate his tone or his attitude. Had he POLITELY asked me not to vape in the building I might have went along with it.
    As for fellow INGO members who think smoking and vaping are the same I really think you should do a little homework BEFORE you opine. Tthink Croy's posts explained it pretty well.

Footnote: The maintenance man, janitor, custodian, (didn't use mopboy) was there today and didn't say the first word about it. Still scratching my head over that one.

Meh. Everyone has bad days. Maybe you just caught him on one. :dunno:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    At the armory gun shows where I rent tables, in Salem, Madison, and Seymour, the men doing janitor service during the shows are members of the Guard unit. Out of respect for their service, I would never consider them "Mop boys".

Might be Guardsmen. Or they might be civilian custodians employed by the State Armory Board.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The difference is smoking is your choice imposed on others...shooting is my choice imposed on me.

You got that wrong, it's your choice to go somewhere that that smoking may occur, no one is forcing you to go there so in effect it is your choice.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    I have not had a cigarette since before the first of the year after over 25 years of smoking. I still get cravings for one too, and expect to for quite a while. Your lack of self control is your problem, why try to push it off on other people? Your choice to not smoke should not affect others choice to smoke.

Self control has kept me from smoking for the last 5 years. My choice not to smoke doesn't affect those around me. Can you say the same about smokers?

and it HAS been legislated... no smoking in restaurants and such, and no smoking X feet from the door...

and yes, I'm aware what Google Translate says about my signature... but unless you know the band that it came from, I could care less what you think about what it means...

Rick60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Bloomington
    I am a custodian for IU and also a smoker. I try my best not to assault anyone with my nasty smoking habit. Even when I am outside I tend to move away from crowds so no one will be hurt. My problem is the term mop boy. I do a job that is in my option honorable. I am not screwing anyone over money nor taking advantage of them in any way. I am a grown man trying to make a living in a decent way. You have no idea how many times in a day I pass by people making way more money than me doing nothing but hanginging out on the Internet while I am at least producing sweat. Screw the people that think of me as mop boy!!! At least I get paid for an honest days work!!!

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Legislation is a joke. This is a moral issue, and if you ever smoked in public, you can bet your sweet ass, you were inconveniencing others. Whether you allow yourself to believe it or not. I also bet my sweet ass, that you didn't give a damn. Funny how that works. Every smoker I have ever known has been subtly selfish about it. To those that have not, I thank you.

The Ecigs are BETTER, for sure, and I would be happy to see smokers put their real cigarettes down in exchange for them, in public.

They are the lesser of two evils, and that's just like voting, so you cant tell people to not vape in public, or else your telling people not to vote, right????

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I am a custodian for IU and also a smoker. I try my best not to assault anyone with my nasty smoking habit. Even when I am outside I tend to move away from crowds so no one will be hurt. My problem is the term mop boy. I do a job that is in my option honorable. I am not screwing anyone over money nor taking advantage of them in any way. I am a grown man trying to make a living in a decent way. You have no idea how many times in a day I pass by people making way more money than me doing nothing but hanginging out on the Internet while I am at least producing sweat. Screw the people that think of me as mop boy!!! At least I get paid for an honest days work!!!
    Well said! I never have considered myself too good to do anything. I don't care if your a doctor, lawyer, mopping floors, or flipping burgers your trying to make it and that's all that matters

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    The Ecigs are BETTER, for sure, and I would be happy to see smokers put their real cigarettes down in exchange for them, in public.

They are the lesser of two evils, and that's just like voting, so you cant tell people to not vape in public, or else your telling people not to vote, right????

If you just hold in the vape you will not blow any out. I Do that at places like movie theaters and restaurants. E cig juice comes in all different strengths and flavors... INCLUDING BACON!!!

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    I'll take the water vapor over what I'm normally forced to inhale at gun shows. Can it really be coincidence the every hygiene-challanged, IBS afflicted SOB within 100 miles picks the same day as I to visit?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Mop boy, huh? Was this him?

7e9b.jpg

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012

"KMFDM is an initialism for the nonsensical and grammatically incorrect German phrase Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid, which literally translates as "no majority for the pity", but is typically given the loose translation of "no pity for the majority"" -Wikipedia

Guess I had to google it for you...

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    "KMFDM is an initialism for the nonsensical and grammatically incorrect German phrase Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid, which literally translates as "no majority for the pity", but is typically given the loose translation of "no pity for the majority"" -Wikipedia

Can you google why you came after ultra good for mentioning your signature, when it was kagnew who did it?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I like KMFDM............ :D

Top Bottom