• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    My Opinion as I don't know the OP is that just because it is not illegal or against the rules doesn't mean it is "proper". I have a issues with smoking in public, my 10 year old typically comes along to shows with me and I am appalled at just how rude "some" smokers are. They stand as close to the door as they can puffing away, inhale and run through the door so they can exhale inside the building. Why do I and my child have to inhale your poisons? Why does my son, have to hold his breath to walk past people? I get the entire your rights / my right deal...and therefore we just deal and hold our breath but personally I find it "not proper". Then you add "vaping" and smokers somehow believe it is safer (still has the poisons) and they can then do it anywhere. Your right its not illegal or against the rules (hopefully this will change) but I guarantee you will never get any of my business when you expose me and mine to health risks. What you do personally is up to you but why must I be impacted by it unwillingly? (we all have to share this planet and sometimes common curtsy needs to rule even if not illegal)

Again not targeting the OP just trying to give some context behind why he might have said it was "not proper".

Let the flaming commence.

Well, maybe I don't like your haircut, might influence my children (great grandchildren) to cut theirs the same way (really infuriates me). Maybe I don't like the way you dress, or play with your damn phone, interfering with my communications.

YOU nor I have the right to interfere with others lives. If you really look at second hand cigarette smoke effects when outside (probably inside is way overblown) the effects are far less than the effects from the fumes from firearm "smoke", cleaning solutions used inside, even smoke from frying inside. Your aversion to smoking is noted - in my case ignored. By the way I am 72 years old, father smoked while I was raised, and I have smoked for over 50 years, still with clear lungs, no cancer or other health effect my doctor can detect. LIFE is not safe, I am sure something will kill me in the next few years, as far as I know the current death rate per 1,000 is 100% over a century or so.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    this just shows an ignorance to what the vapor really is. You did not get a buzz from them, thats damn near impossible under the situation you describe.

You also show a bias towards "smoking" because you expose your son to a whole lot worse stuff than whats coming out of the vaporizers elsewhere, yet i dont see you asking for ammunition manufactures to get rid of their "poison"

Yes agree...I am biased...never said I wasn't (3 direct family members dying from lung cancer from smoking will do that to you). I was simply trying to offer a view of why the person said it was not proper...nothing more nothing less. I also noted we just deal with "your rights" even if they infringe on mine.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Well, maybe I don't like your haircut, might influence my children (great grandchildren) to cut theirs the same way (really infuriates me). Maybe I don't like the way you dress, or play with your damn phone, interfering with my communications.

I am sorry what is your point? That I (and apparently the guy at the show) are not allowed to have an opinion and state it? He didn't make him stop, I didn't ask him to stop. I said my son and I simply hold our breath an go on despite smokers infringing my rights to now have to walk through that cloud. I just don't follow your logic that my haircut someone could affect your health?

Peace guys it was just a view point...too early on a Sunday to get everyone all fired up over it :-)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Mods,
    Move this if you feel the need.
    I have 2 tables at the Linton show this weekend.
    I am a former cigarette smoker who is now on an E-Cig.
    Everything was going along fine, no complaints from customers until about 3 P.M. when the building custodian (mopboy) sees me doing it and says "THAT'S NOT PROPER". When I asked him what he meant by "not proper", he could not define it. His only defense was that a cigarette smoker might see me and decide it was OK for them to light up inside the armory
    waaa2

So just because he didn't agree with you 'smoking' your e-cig, you resorted to degrading the man by calling him a "mop boy". Some times you ought to take the higher ground. The man works for a living like most of us.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Coming from an era when just about everybody smoked I just didn't go to places where there was smoking when I had that choice. Times have changed.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    I have mopped quite a few floors in my lifetime.

I never knew it was such dishonorable labor. "Mop boy?" Really?

I agree no need to degrade this man. What you need to do is look at your self inflicted problem. so everything that results from it
    ie. being sickness or public outrage is yours to deal with.

i have absolutely not problem with smokers i am not one and i just hold my breath and walk past but its makes me just as annoyed to hear smokers crying about there rights to smoke in public as some of the others on here to that cant stand hearing people that are disgusted by smoking. Guess what you started a bad stinky habit that brings no good to anyone so your gonna get some resistance. you need to work on your addiction not complaining about the people who are of stronger will or mind that don't have the addiction.( beleive me i have my own addictions being polish sausage and stuffed cabbage rolls) and yes op you are trying to stop i commend you for stopping, and will feel better in the end, but your self imposed infliction is not everyone elses to bear as well.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Perhaps you smokers have no idea just how bad seeing someone smoke or "smoke" can trigger a craving to those of us that quit smoking... we won't even discuss 2nd hand smoke.. I quit smoking 5 years ago after 20 years of doing it... 5 years in, and I STILL get cravings for a cigarette.. I even considered trying an e-cig despite the promise of a broken knee from the wife if she found out... addictions are nothing to sneeze at...

to put it simply, your choice to smoke should not affect my choice not to...

hochwald

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    South Bend
    As Croy said.... I'll second his post... I use an E-cig... you aren't going to get a "buzz" from the vapor... it evaporates pretty quickly and there are no chemicals in it like there is in cigarette smoke. Besides nicotine that is.

And the verdict is still out on whether nicotine is by itself a bad substance. (hasn't been proven so far in the small doses that exist in vapor. FAQ: Nicotine (tobaccoharmreduction.org))

It's the burned tobacco by-products that are bad, none of which are in E-cigs.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Mods,
    Move this if you feel the need.
    I have 2 tables at the Linton show this weekend.
    I am a former cigarette smoker who is now on an E-Cig.
    Everything was going along fine, no complaints from customers until about 3 P.M. when the building custodian (mopboy) sees me doing it and says "THAT'S NOT PROPER". When I asked him what he meant by "not proper", he could not define it. His only defense was that a cigarette smoker might see me and decide it was OK for them to light up inside the armory

Next time, just chew a big wad of Mail Pouch and have a cup of spit sitting on your table. Maybe that will be more "proper".

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Perhaps you smokers have no idea just how bad seeing someone smoke or "smoke" can trigger a craving to those of us that quit smoking... we won't even discuss 2nd hand smoke.. I quit smoking 5 years ago after 20 years of doing it... 5 years in, and I STILL get cravings for a cigarette.. I even considered trying an e-cig despite the promise of a broken knee from the wife if she found out... addictions are nothing to sneeze at...

to put it simply, your choice to smoke should not affect my choice not to...

"No majority for the pity"? Das verstehe ich nicht. :dunno:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    And the verdict is still out on whether nicotine is by itself a bad substance. (hasn't been proven so far in the small doses that exist in vapor. FAQ: Nicotine (tobaccoharmreduction.org))

It's the burned tobacco by-products that are bad, none of which are in E-cigs.
    Nicotine itself is found in your daily diet. You have just as much nicotine in your daily diet as 2nd hand vape in plants such as tomatoes, cauliflower , and eggplant.

Last edited:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Next time, just chew a big wad of Mail Pouch and have a cup of spit sitting on your table. Maybe that will be more "proper".
    I went to the e cigs after being a dipper. About 3 months ago I started vaping 24 mg juice and now I'm down to 6.

On a side note has anyone seen the Innokin grenade VW mod? I gotta get me one of those

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Is a mop boy's opinion less important than anyone elses? I don't have a problem with e-cigs, but if he does that's his decision. His opinion is just as important as yours. He shared it, you ignored it, and the world continues to turn. Seems like you're more mad that the "mop boy" called you out on it than that you were called out at all. Methinks if it had been somebody else this thread wouldn't have been started.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    At the armory gun shows where I rent tables, in Salem, Madison, and Seymour, the men doing janitor service during the shows are members of the Guard unit. Out of respect for their service, I would never consider them "Mop boys".

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom