• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    My wife and I followed up on our complaint that we had filed and we were ask to come in file another complaint. There reason was, that we never heard from the officer that we filed on. That officer was to call us and go over our case but that officer never would return our call. The lead supervisor I spoke with told me later at a gas station on how the dept. Works. So all I am saying is don't get your hope up. I think everyone is looking for answer to this promblem and we will prodally never see the out come. That is just my two cents.
    I would bet their union legal rep tells them not to respond knowing full well no one can do anything about it.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Well then I'm glad I digitized their form, and saved a copy of my original complaint... will make it very easy to file another one every few days after Tuesday! :rockwoot:
    They are union, the only way you will get satisfaction is through a civil suit in front of a judge. They spend more effort gaming the system than doing their jobs....at least that's how it was when I was a monroe county sheriffs explorer..

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    ^^^ If we get enough citizens doing this to enough departments the message will start to be heard.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    what would he sue for?

file a lawsuit because your feelings got hurt? what a big man

facepalm.jpg

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    file a lawsuit because your feelings got hurt? what a big man

I don't think feelings really come into play when we are talking about a government official violating a citizens rights. However I do not recall the OP wanting to file suit merely correct a mistake a public servant made in the performance of his duties by way of a formal complaint through the proper channels.

My advice to you is to lighten up and quit trying to burn people with your "holier than thou" attitude. I already smacked you down this week once take a rest.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    So could I file a complaint with them because I am put off by the fact that they didn't follow up on JP's complaint?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I don't think feelings really come into play when we are talking about a government official violating a citizens rights. However I do not recall the OP wanting to file suit merely correct a mistake a public servant made in the performance of his duties by way of a formal complaint through the proper channels.

My advice to you is to lighten up and quit trying to burn people with your "holier than thou" attitude. I already smacked you down this week once take a rest.

ThrottleJockey made the comment that, since the police are union the only way satisfaction could be had was from a civil suit. The OP never mentioned filing a suit, and I never insinuated that was his plan. I still don’t see what civil rights were violated? The OP was a voluntary participant in the conversation. He was not detained or arrested. What was the mistake the deputy made?
    Somebody comes on here and proposes what I think is a silly solution and im the bad guy for questioning it?
    :laugh::thatshot:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Actually Destro, the deputy was in violation of breaking Indiana's Preemption statute by trying to enforce a policy contrary to Indiana state law by insinuating the OP is required to conceal his handgun while possessing a valid LTCH.

I hear that's a pretty big issue ;)

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Actually Destro, the deputy was in violation of breaking Indiana's Preemption statute by trying to enforce a policy contrary to Indiana state law by insinuating the OP is required to conceal his handgun while possessing a valid LTCH.

I hear that's a pretty big issue ;)

But the officer himself is not a unit of government. Act 292 preempts units of government and political subdivisions from enacting restrictions. Insinuating to somebody that their actions are not legal is still not the same as actions adverse to someones rights.

Top Bottom