• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    They need to get rid of this so called proper person list. Even with a misdemeanor conviction you will not get your permit because of number 2 on the list. All crimes carry a sentence of more than a year even misdemeanors. Even my little reckless driving charge carries a sentence up to I think 4 years if convited. You will never serve that amount of time for a misdemeanor but they go by what you could get not by what you did get. I have a couple misdemeanor convictions from when I was younger and was declined my permit. I was always told your good as long as your not a felon well I guess not.

Misdemeanors in IN are punishable by up to 1yr. With a few exceptions such as certain habitual offenders. Here is a link to the IN code which sets out penalties for them. Certain misdemeanors(drug and alcohol) will cause you to get declined for your LTCH depending on the amount of them and the time since the last. Also Domestic violence misdemeanors ban you for life, unless you can get your rights restored.
    Indiana Code 35-50-3

Top Bottom