Molly Young’s mysterious gunshot to the head: “Suicide” or Murder Coverup?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Yes, Fast and Furious where the government killed people in the name of politics which is related to the RKBA.

How is a suicide in Southern Illinois relevant to INGO?

Beyond walking around the house in your deerstalker and mershon pipe, what is your point with this thread?

Fighting Trousers - Professor Elemental - YouTube

I'd far rather read about this death than see yet another rant about a certain 870. :twocents:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Conspiracy buffs see conspiracy everywhere but where money is at stake.

If only I had been involved in a case where a family was pushing an unmeritorious prosecution based on money that would be recovered from an insurance policy if the official story suddently switched from suicide to "murder, most foul" . . . oh, wait, I have.

What experience to INGO's Junior Detectives have in ferreting out money-grubbing by families?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Real police abuse is okay to talk about, but potential police abuse is verboten. Got it.

Kirk, assuming the bullet points in the OP are factual, how do you come to any conclusion other than something is fishy?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    CARBONDALE, IL -- A woman's mysterious death last year -- dismissed as a "possible" suicide -- has led to her family, along with tens of thousands of concerned citizens, still clamoring for justice. When Molly Young turned up shot in the head in her ex-boyfriend's bedroom -- who was incidentally employed by the local police department -- circumstances led to her family to claim the investigation was "botched" and rife with preferential treatment for the suspect.

Skeptics have been unable to comprehend:
    * how two grown men misidentified a bloody gunshot to the head as a drug overdose,
    * how a man did not hear a gun blast emitted in the same room in which he was sleeping,
    * why the gun was found with no fingerprints after discharging on her weak side,
    * how investigators shrugged off the suspect’s claims that the fresh 6-inch scratches on his side were given to him by Molly’s corpse during CPR attempts, and
    * why witnesses reported police on the scene looking for a homicide victim 1-2 hours BEFORE Minton even called 9-1-1.

“There is no doubt in my mind somebody murdered my daughter,” said Larry Young. “There’s one person, the main suspect, he refuses to be interviewed by state police since it began.”

READ MORE: Molly Young's mysterious gunshot to the head: "Suicide" or Murder Coverup? | Police State USA

I'd like to point out, as this may lead people to make assumptions, but the suspect was NOT a police officer. He was a dispatcher.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'd like to point out, as this may lead people to make assumptions, but the suspect was NOT a police officer. He was a dispatcher.
    Man, you're no fun. This is one of those tidbits of information that screams, "You didn't read the bleepin' article, did ya?"

I'd like to point out that he worked with and around LE, and his both of his parents were/are employed by LE departments. Your point, while factually correct, is pretty much a distinction without a difference as far as I am concerned.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Man, you're no fun. This is one of those tidbits of information that screams, "You didn't read the bleepin' article, did ya?"

I'd like to point out that he worked with and around LE, and his both of his parents were/are employed by LE departments. Your point, while factually correct, is pretty much a distinction without a difference as far as I am concerned.

Given the relationsship between officers and dispathers from my own personal experience, I find it difficult to wrap my mind around the idea that an officer is going to bat for a dispatcher. And what's with the single shot? That doesn't indicate the "typical" response regard a "crime of passion." I'd expect to see her riddled with holes.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Given the relationsship between officers and dispathers from my own personal experience, I find it difficult to wrap my mind around the idea that an officer is going to bat for a dispatcher. And what's with the single shot? That doesn't indicate the "typical" response regard a "crime of passion." I'd expect to see her riddled with holes.

Going to bat for a dispatcher? Whut :rolleyes: Aint gonna happen in this life time.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk, assuming the bullet points in the OP are factual, how do you come to any conclusion other than something is fishy?

I don't assume they are true, and to be worthy of one's Alex Jones Junior Detective badge one should not assume that they are true.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    * how two grown men misidentified a bloody gunshot to the head as a drug overdose,

Because GSWs do not look like the perfect concentric holes on tv and the movies where most Junior Detectives train. Muzzle contact will produce strange results. How many GSWs had these two grown men observed before?

* how a man did not hear a gun blast emitted in the same room in which he was sleeping,

Because gunshots do not sound like they do in Junior Detective School, television and movies, especially if a blanket or pillow was used or intoxicants had been used.

* why the gun was found with no fingerprints after discharging on her weak side,

Because fingerprints, unlike television or the movies, are not always found on guns, plastic or metal.

* how investigators shrugged off the suspect’s claims that the fresh 6-inch scratches on his side were given to him by Molly’s corpse during CPR attempts, and

Was the chick wearing one of those goofy studded belts or other clothing was would scratch? Can the Junior Detectives tell me what Molly was wearing?

* why witnesses reported police on the scene looking for a homicide victim 1-2 hours BEFORE Minton even called 9-1-1.

Other investigations? Use of intoxicants by the witness? Witness lying? Witness mistaken? Witness mixing up the day and time?

Television and movies drives criminal prosecutions. CSI Effect.

Real life is not CSI.

Now, I get to ask questions: assuming that Molly did have a life insurance policy that would not pay out if suicide, why aren't the Junior Detectives inquiring about this fact?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Television and movies drives criminal prosecutions. CSI Effect.

Real life is not CSI.

Now, I get to ask questions: assuming that Molly did have a life insurance policy that would not pay out if suicide, why aren't the Junior Detectives inquiring about this fact?
    When did a drug overdose cause a hole of any shape in a head?

How do you miss the hole and say she bled out through her nose?

You are saying the girl covered the gun with a pillow or blanket while she shot herself in the head with her off hand?

You have some information that there was a life insurance policy? They are not very common on people in their early 20s.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When did a drug overdose cause a hole of any shape in a head?

There was a hole? Would these grown men know the distinction between a hole caused by a bullet and that caused by gas of the explosion?

They could see a hole with all of the blood that must have been present from a head wound? How many head wounds have these grown men seen before Molly?

Heroin can produce some magnificient bleeding from nose, ears, etc.
    You are saying the girl covered the gun with a pillow or blanket while she shot herself in the head with her off hand?

I don't know what the girl did, but I have seen people muffle gun shots with pillows or blankets.

Gunshots "in the wild" sound far different than on the movie screen.

You have some information that there was a life insurance policy? They are not very common on people in their early 20s.

I have exactly as much information as INGO's Junior Detectives have for a Murder.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You ever known a guy, usually a very immature kid, who repeats the same jokes over, and over, and over, and over, and over? Somebody laughed at him the first time so he thinks he's really got some comedic gold. His friends don't have the heart to tell him that its just not funny after the 700th time, and eventually they find him too obnoxious to be around.

Sorry... just reminiscing about what it was like being surrounded by freshmen in high school. Carry on.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Going to bat for a dispatcher? Whut :rolleyes: Aint gonna happen in this life time.

In every police department there is a certain . . . tension between the patrol officers and dispatchers.

Most of this is just human society in action--error.

1230 North 18th Street becomes 1230 SOUTH 18th Street. 1437 Main Street becomes 1347. Fatigue, diction, inter alia.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Attention all Alex Jones junior detectives!

Tired of walking around your house in your deerstalker with no crimes to solve? Well, earn your shiny new badge, made from UN helmets, and report all Police State actives to the Jackson County, Illinois State's Attorney:

State's Attorney

Between this and thread and the "barrier bumper" in DC, you Kirk, are making my day enjoyable again. :laugh:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sometimes cops are guilty, sometimes they are innocent, but shouldn't we find out what happened before we don our wookie attire and run around the conference room table?

There are problems with ALL investigations. 18 years now and have yet to see a case with a loose thread that you start pulling on. Sometimes it goes nowhere sometimes the whole sweter comes apart.

The questions in re Molly are not unusual at all. The questions not raised by the Junior Detectives are telling.

Top Bottom