Moderately priced .40's (and a side question)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I'd spend the little extra money and get a Glock. You could most likely find a used one for about that. It's A LOT more quality for a little more money. Remeber as in everything else in life, with firearms, you get what you pay for.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'd spend the little extra money and get a Glock. You could most likely find a used one for about that. It's A LOT more quality for a little more money. Remeber as in everything else in life, with firearms, you get what you pay for.

Bah. Never heard of a Bersa blowing up.

More inexpensive doesn't necessarily mean lower quality. Bersas are less expensive due to the exchange rate, and the fact that Bersa doesn't spend millions on advertising.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Of the choices you listed I am not a fan of the Sigma. I do not like the trigger at all and I don't like the way they feel in my hand. I have heard from people that do like theirs though so if it works for you that is all that matters. The Bersa I have heard very good things about their .380 and 9mm models, but I do not know much about their .40 models. I really like Taurus handguns and have had very good experiences with them. I do hear many people say negative things about them, but I have never had any problems from them and I would buy another one anytime. It is pretty much just personal preference on this one as all will have their lovers and haters. If you have a chance to fire any of them first that would be great so you can get a feel for them yourself. Good luck in your decision.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    First question is are you sold on the .40 caliber? If so, can you articulate why? I am not against it, but for your price range you might want to look at a different caliber, say a 9mm like the new SR9C which should fit into your budget or for that matter the SR9 itself.

Other options if you're still desiring a .40 would be the Taurus line of 24/7 and millennium pro offerings. They both have mixed reviews but are within your price range.

Hope this helps,

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom