• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So I ended up buying it, and shot it today. It was helluva lot of fun. What a beast! Extremely cool gun.

So I have a few questions I'll need addressing. See original post.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Thanks chubbs, that confirms my guess about how they work. Still a few questions remaining in the original post.

Last edited:
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I have an M44 for sale on here with accesories for $120. I paid $135 for it because I just HAD to have one. Id say max price right now is $150

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Mooresville
    I would have no problem giving upwards to around 150 to 200 bucks on the shape of the gun. It is hard to find one in good to great shape, most of the ones I see are more or less gone and need a lot of help. I would say if it would be a reliable everyday shooter 150 is always good.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    mosin links

nomenclature on ammo box thread
    7.62x54R Ammo Tin lettering [Archive] - Gunboard's Forums

pdf files and info on how to operate and disassemble:
    Collecting and Shooting the Mosin-Nagant 7.62 Carbines - HISTORY

go to the above link and on the right side of the page are download-able pdf files on how to take it apart, clean it, and a bunch more.

ammo (self promotion:D)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition_and_reloading_supplies/42652-wts_7_62x54r_hung_440rd_sealed_ammo_cans.html

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I bought some brass stripper clips from a guy off of ebay. I cant remember his ID but his come highly recommended. New made clips can be hit or miss and sometimes lightly oiling them can help. I have used Czech and never had problems with it. It is great stuff. Brass Fetcher has done testing on it. 148gr Czech FMJ (silver painted tip) I got mine from Aim Surplus.
    AIM Czech 7.62x54R 147grn FMJ Light Ball Czech 7.62x54R 147grn FMJ Light Ball
    Make sure to pick up a cleaning kit. Not only is it a cool acessory but that "strange" shaped tool it used to check the firing pin protrustion which is very important. 7.62x54r.net is a excellent site that contains everything Mosin with very knowledgeable people on the boards. Just dont talk about sporterizing on there they dont take too kindly to that blasphemy.

Top Bottom