• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    You get the government you deserve. If politics has to take a back seat to all of those things, well then you're going to get the bottom of the barrel.

This is why I do not like the mindset in this country that everyone needs to be working 80 hours a week. That doesn't permit time for civil responsibilities, especially raising a family on top of it. The people need given the time necessary.

There's a reason for my signature, so many things tie in right back to it. Term limits aren't going to put the local blacksmith in office, only the people having the time to involve themselves in the process enmass, and taking a serious interest in building a good government, will solve the problem.

No the ridiculous requirements are what put it out of reach for the AVERAGE person. Even if you’re only working 40 hours a week good luck getting 500 signatures in every single Indiana county….. like I said the restrictions restrict many and protect the few.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    No the ridiculous requirements are what put it out of reach for the AVERAGE person. Even if you’re only working 40 hours a week good luck getting 500 signatures in every single Indiana county….. like I said the restrictions restrict many and protect the few.

And what allows them to keep these restrictions? Large public outcry and a push to lift them would go a long way. But there's not enough people who are even aware of this much less even know what to do to challenge it.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And what allows them to keep these restrictions? Large public outcry and a push to lift them would go a long way. But there's not enough people who are even aware of this much less even know what to do to challenge it.
    There has to be some "hoops" to jump through to control how many candidates end up on the ballot, or the ballot would have a ridiculous number of candidates running for each office.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    There has to be some "hoops" to jump through to control how many candidates end up on the ballot, or the ballot would have a ridiculous number of candidates running for each office.
    Too many choices is DEFINITELY not our issue. And if you need “hoops” how about community service? Anything besides “campaigning” to be a career politician it really is disgusting.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Is this something that happens with some with Parkinsons?
    I ask because my father had Parkinsons, and he never zoned out like Mitch has.

I think Parkinson's has a wide variety of issues. Besides the shakes and slow gait, my grandmother would just stop at times briefly, then restart. It wasn't alarming because we all knew about it. His people aren't rushing Mitch off to the hospital so it makes me think it's just something they all know about.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So we should have no restrictions and 3000 candidates on the election ballot?

If you cannot meet the restrictions for statewide offices you do not have enough support of the people to run.

Theoretically it should work like this, you get elected to city council, then grow to county council, then to state rep, then state senator, then fed rep, then with all that experience and work, get one of the states senate positions. It is ludicrous that politics have evolved to where we want an unknown and inexperienced candidate to run…

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    Is this something that happens with some with Parkinsons?
    I ask because my father had Parkinsons, and he never zoned out like Mitch has.
    I think Parkinson's has a wide variety of issues. Besides the shakes and slow gait, my grandmother would just stop at times briefly, then restart. It wasn't alarming because we all knew about it. His people aren't rushing Mitch off to the hospital so it makes me think it's just something they all know about.
    IANAD, but I'm still laying money on it being some mild form of epilepsy. This looks straight up to be a 'petit mal' seizure. My younger brother (may he rest in peace) suffered mostly from 'grand mal' seizures (violent shaking, stiff ligature, etc) but would occasionally have a mild or 'petit mal' episode that mimics Mitch's behavior exactly.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is why I do not like the mindset in this country that everyone needs to be working 80 hours a week. That doesn't permit time for civil responsibilities, especially raising a family on top of it. The people need given the time necessary.
    I think the Democrat/Davos elite think working 80 hours per week to make ends meet is good training when they will want as all to be a serf

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Heaven forbid, something happen to a SCOTUS judge tomorrow. Is this the guy we need leading our minority in the Senate?

:nono:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Too many choices is DEFINITELY not our issue. And if you need “hoops” how about community service? Anything besides “campaigning” to be a career politician it really is disgusting.
    Seriously though, how would we handle it for example anybody who wants to run for Governor can just sign up and we have 50 people on the ballot running for Governor?

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Seriously though, how would we handle it for example anybody who wants to run for Governor can just sign up and we have 50 people on the ballot running for Governor?
    Would take a ballot with 50 people on it over no opposition and just the choice of incumbent.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think the Democrat/Davos elite think working 80 hours per week to make ends meet is good training when they will want as all to be a serf

Yep, because they don't want you raising your kids. They want to raise your kids.
    They also don't want you having the time to pay attention to their games, much less actively fighting against them.

It also ensures you have no independence, so you will comply when orders are handed down. Notice how many people took the vax because they weren't willing to risk their job? That's because the state has created conditions where you have no independence.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Would take a ballot with 50 people on it over no opposition and just the choice of incumbent.
    All because people are too fat and satisfied to be bothered with the work necessary to win elections. When it really gets tough people will be willing to do the work…

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    All because people are too fat and satisfied to be bothered with the work necessary to win elections. When it really gets tough people will be willing to do the work…
    Fat and lazy….? Making a living? You prefer the very motivated career politicians?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Fat and lazy….? Making a living? You prefer the very motivated career politicians?
    The “people are too fat and SATISFIED”. That comment was about the people, not candidates, doing the work, supporting with time and money to beat other interests back and get the type of government we want.

Most folks are not hurting enough from what is going on to do anymore than complain.

Top Bottom