• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My dog has an Apple airtag fastened to his collar. If he ever ran off, I could find him with my phone.

The military should really consider putting airtags on their planes, I mean, they're not that expensive; and if it saves just one plane, it would pay for itself.

%E4%B9%A0%E8%BF%91%E5%B9%B3.gif

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    BREAKING: U.S. officials have ordered a 2-day stand down for all military aviation inside as well as outside the United States after an F-35 jet went missing in South Carolina.

This keeps getting more bizarre.

According to ABC News, "no units are allowed to fly" unless there is a discussion for two days about "safety measures and procedures."

“No units are allowed to fly until they have a two-day discussion about safety measures and procedures, the commandant said in a service-wide email on Monday.” - @ABC

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    BREAKING: U.S. officials have ordered a 2-day stand down for all military aviation inside as well as outside the United States after an F-35 jet went missing in South Carolina.

According to ABC News, "no units are allowed to fly" unless there is a discussion for two days about "safety measures and procedures."

“No units are allowed to fly until they have a two-day discussion about safety measures and procedures, the commandant said in a service-wide email on Monday.” - @ABC
    Makes me wonder if someone hacked the new jets?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    "If" the pilot punched out on his own. Also if I have 2 aircraft I know I cant track on radar or find, why did the second pilot get returned and not keep an eye on the autopilot jet? I mean it seems the kind of thing you'd want to keep physical eyes on.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Seems unlikely. It’s at the bottom of a hole in the ground or in the water.
    "If" the pilot punched out on his own. Also if I have 2 aircraft I know I cant track on radar or find, why did the second pilot get returned and not keep an eye on the autopilot jet? I mean it seems the kind of thing you'd want to keep physical eyes on.
    I’m sure the second pilot coordinated rescue of the ejecting pilot. He would try to keep his eyes on the pilot as he descended and vector others to him on the ground. The jet would have to take care of itself. Which I think it did, right into a body of water. Hence no smoke plume to help locate it.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Safety stand-downs are pretty common after an aircraft loss, especially if it seems it was a procedural or judgment error was involved. Even if the error wasn’t the primary reason for the incident.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Safety stand-downs are pretty common after an aircraft loss, especially if it seems it was a procedural or judgment error was involved. Even if the error wasn’t the primary reason for the incident.
    Nothing like making everyone stare at Power Point slides for 2 days because a stick-actuator went all EJECT-EJECT-EJECT!!

Edit: I remember the Navy having a safety stand-down when I was in Iceland the 1st time (1989.) Local AFRTS news shows the people sitting through the stuff. I can't believe it didn't get edited out, but I saw a dude I knew sitting in the back row with a serious "KILL ME NOW!!" look on his face.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I mean, if it kept flying away why did you punch out?
    Yeah...that's just one question I'd have for the pilot about the situation.

That being said, I know flying these is super-complicated. My son's college roommate is a Naval aviator and in the midst of his training. I think he is flying the T-45 right now (carrier qualifying) and let's just say there is a lot to remember and a lot that can go wrong.

Top Bottom