• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Glock 26 (9mm), 27 (.40 S&W), or 33 (.357SIG) are awesome little pocket rockets. Personally, the Glock 33 in .357SIG is fantastic...especially with a model 32 mag and an A&G grip spacer to fill in the blank area...one of the better grips systems.

The Glock has a lower center of axis/bore for managing recoil and fits nicer in my hand (personal opinion), giving me a more comfortable feel when shooting.

The Glock also has just about anything you might need for it available on-line and you can do most of the work yourself.

Bottom line is that it IS your choice...but the Glock, as a product, out weighs the XD in my book.

Best...

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Assuming both are the same price I would go with the XD only because it fits me better than the baby glocks. You dont have as many accessories but how you shoot it is what matters.

thekuhnburger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    West Lafayette
    Glock 27 all the way. The .40 caliber is a great defense round and is still very manageable in that size. .357 sig is a neat round but it costs a fortune to shoot if you don't reload.

GarandMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    Once again Glock people say Glocks and XD people say XDs. Many have only shot one or the other. Many who ridicule the XD grip safety are also quick to praise the 1911 that has similar. Focus on the real differences: grip angle, trigger (SA vs not-SA), and how you like each one. Try them both first if you can. Honestly you can not really go wrong with either, but one may be better for you personally. Enjoy which ever one you get!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I agree, with finding what fits you the best. I'm a former Xd owner myself. It was a good gun and I never had any problems with it. As for Glocks, I have very limited experience with them.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    The primary determinants of how easy a gun is to conceal (assuming strong side carry in an IWB holster) is thickness and grip length. A secondary concern is barrel length - a gun with a shorter barrel will intrude less on your pockets, but since there is less gun and holster to provide friction, the gun may tend to move around a bit more.

So my answer is neither. Why? Because if you buy a sub-compact pistol and then add an extended mag and sleeve to it, you have a gun that is no easier to conceal than the next size up and might move around a bit more on your belt.

Keep in mind that the baby Glocks were introduced back when post ban mags could hold ten rounds and not one round more. Gun makers (well Glock at least to start) responded by producing the smallest gun they could with a 10 round mag. Needless to say, they sold like crazy.

However, a baby Glock was always a bit of a compromise as they were harder to shoot well and once you added a pre-ban extended mag, no less concealable than a Glock 19.

I used to have a G26. I sold it and now I have a G19. The gun is just as easy to conceal as my G26 (even with the longer grip) and it moves around on my belt less. It has a longer sight radius and I can get a full grip on it. It is far easier to shoot and I am faster and more accurate with it.

This logic also applies to any small/med/large or small/large offerings - like the XD or the Ruger SR9 and SR9C.

Ultimately, for IWB carry, a sub compact makes little sense to me, especially with an extended mag.

To me, if your choice is Glock or XD you should be comparing a mid-size Glock (like a 19 or 23) to a mid-size XD (like the XD Compact).

Finally, I agree with the stuff about making sure the gun fits right and you like it. Both brands are fine choices. Good luck!

8baller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    picked up a glock 27 at the indy show..went ahead and bought the 40-9 lonewolf conversion..couldn't be happier..went through about 200 rounds in each caliber without any issues..
    i personally fumbled around and handled both pieces and went with the glock because it just felt better to me..

lyric911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Anderson
    However, I continued to cary it for a while and soon the safeties became annoying.

Not dogging you, genuinely curious - in what way did they bother you?

For me, they could disappear and I'd not realize it. A natural grip bypasses the safeties without any extra effort.

joker7037

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Not dogging you, genuinely curious - in what way did they bother you?

For me, they could disappear and I'd not realize it. A natural grip bypasses the safeties without any extra effort.

I was wondering the same thing. Not to stir up hate and discontent, I just don't understand how the safeties became bothersome.

thompbarn

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    The glock is fatter in the hand, and will not conceal as well. The XD is slimmer, although top heavier, as someone above stated. If you don't mind the fatter grip, nothing is more reliable than a glock, although the Springfield is nice too.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The glock is fatter in the hand, and will not conceal as well. The XD is slimmer, although top heavier, as someone above stated. If you don't mind the fatter grip, nothing is more reliable than a glock, although the Springfield is nice too.

Prove Glocks are more reliable!

Top Bottom