• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • munch520

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2015
    midwest
    I can't recommend Mark Housel at L&M precision highly enough. Less than a week turnaround and very impressive work.

munch520

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2015
    midwest
    Here's a good pic, note how tight the slide work is, and how the cut in the slide matches the curvature of the RMR perfectly
    16417117946_6d991d5464_b.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Mark used to do the work for Suarez, both companies do excellent work. It's real easy to cut the forward face too far, and you end up ruining the slide. I've never seen drawings, I'm sure they exist, and I'm sure some one such as the above mentioned companies won't let that info go!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Another option would be to sell the glock, and buy an MOS when they come out. They were released at shot show. The one thing I cant figure out is why Glock is releasing them with standard sights vs suppressor sights. I ask the people at shot show about it, and their comment was "not everyone will run a optic on these so we put regular sights on them. In my mind I dont know why someone would pay extra for the MOS model if they didnt intend to put a dot on it, but Glock didnt ask my opinion.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Another option would be to sell the glock, and buy an MOS when they come out. They were released at shot show. The one thing I cant figure out is why Glock is releasing them with standard sights vs suppressor sights. I ask the people at shot show about it, and their comment was "not everyone will run a optic on these so we put regular sights on them. In my mind I dont know why someone would pay extra for the MOS model if they didnt intend to put a dot on it, but Glock didnt ask my opinion.
    From what I've seen, the MOS is a POS.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    L&M has my slide right now. I'll post up some pics when i get it back.

You won't be disappointed. I had Mark mill an M&P slide for me a couple of years ago and I can't say enough good things about his work - great communication and I had the slide back in about a 7 day turn around from the time I shipped it to him.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I haven't seen one in person yet. What didn't you like about it?
    Sights are too small to co-witness, it's a generic milling made to a one size fits all ok, but none well. It needs various adapter plates to facilitate different sight. An overall fail in my opinion!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I don't think they are on shelves yet (others would know better than I). So the only place anyone has held them would be a trade show. I played with it at shot, and couldnt figure out why they would put non suppressor sights on the gun. When I ask Glock they said because not everyone will run it with a dot. To me if you didnt intend to put a dot on you wouldn't but the MOS model.

There is about 1/8th inch diffrent foot print in all the popular dots, and use it was milled to the bigger dot. The dot is held in place by the screw's not the milling so its a mute point. The sights were my complaint, but to be honest, its easier to swap sights than mill a slide so its still a viable option.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I don't think they are on shelves yet (others would know better than I). So the only place anyone has held them would be a trade show. I played with it at shot, and couldnt figure out why they would put non suppressor sights on the gun. When I ask Glock they said because not everyone will run it with a dot. To me if you didnt intend to put a dot on you wouldn't but the MOS model.

There is about 1/8th inch diffrent foot print in all the popular dots, and use it was milled to the bigger dot. The dot is held in place by the screw's not the milling so its a mute point. The sights were my complaint, but to be honest, its easier to swap sights than mill a slide so its still a viable option.

I'm guessing Glock looked at this like the look at sights for all their guns. The consumer will likely change them out anyway so why bother putting any extra $ into them, or dealing with offering an option for that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom