• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Congressman Greg Walden (R-OR) gives his take on what's going on in Oregon. And America.

[video=youtube;bx4ocLdWE90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx4ocLdWE90[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yep. watched it. It seems we have some issues with the BLM and there are some real grievances.

...but even the Congressman agrees that this isn't the way to deal with it. Having legitimate concerns and complaints does not legitimize a free-for-all.

My sincerest hope is that this is resolved peacefully and every legal means is used to address the land-use issues.

What, specifically, makes you say that?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep. watched it. It seems we have some issues with the BLM and there are some real grievances.

...but even the Congressman agrees that this isn't the way to deal with it. Having legitimate concerns and complaints does not legitimize a free-for-all.

My sincerest hope is that this is resolved peacefully and every legal means is used to address the land-use issues.

The rancher dude I talked to in Portland said that not many want to throw in with Bundy on this, even the Hammonds, but they're all pretty fed up with how the federal agencies operate out there. He basically said Bundy and that group are nuts, but one positive might be that the publicity will draw attention to the federal bullying that goes on. If the Twitterverse is any indication, it's not the kind of publicity he wants.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...it's not the kind of publicity he wants.

I fear that whether the average rancher cares for Bundy or not, this event will cause people to lump them all together as "crackpots" and will make their issues seem like ravings instead of legitimate issues. It's always a trick bag with protests and publicity stunts- is the notoriety going to help or hurt? The locals probably would not have chosen this method (well, they didn't), but now they're stuck with the results.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I fear that whether the average rancher cares for Bundy or not, this event will cause people to lump them all together as "crackpots" and will make their issues seem like ravings instead of legitimate issues. It's always a trick bag with protests and publicity stunts- is the notoriety going to help or hurt? The locals probably would not have chosen this method (well, they didn't), but now they're stuck with the results.

Just look at this thread. A lot of people just lump them all together and they're not. Conservatives, liberals. Doesn't seem to matter. Honestly, I lumped them altogether until I talked with the guy in Portland. That changed my outlook.

He feels they're fighting against "treehuggers" in these agencies who don't like that the current federal law has provided for leasing public lands for grazing for generations. Then the national media makes them all out to be idiots when the nuttier ones push back in this way. I have to admit though, that the local channel I saw reporting on the story gave ranchers pretty fair treatment and explained the issue from their point of view.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I agree with what they are doing in oregon. Someond had to stand up against the gov

While I personally disagree with the armed stand, I can understand why the ranchers on the ground out there might have issues with the Feds.

I think that the issues are still at this point best solved legally and in court. At some future point that may not be so, but I don't think we're near that yet .

I think what is important for ALL of us to take note of, is that the level of discontent in the country is rising. While I don't think it's time to run out into the street with your long gun of choice in your hand - screaming like a banshee, it IS important to note that things are getting more tense. This will lead to some of the people closer to the edge, mentally speaking, snapping. And we will see more workplace violence, general criminal activity etc. People resort to it, when their other hopes are dashed or destroyed. THAT is worth preparing for. Carrying is part of that preparation.

Side rant follows...

I have said this many times - we do not need to "prep" for The End Of The World As We Know It... we need to prepare for the everyday SHTF stuff. Jobs being uprooted, workplaces closed by violence or some other interruption, a crazy shooting up a mall... heck, a water main break south of Salem has my parents out of water for a few days. We threw a few 5 gallon containers that we have stored into our van and took it down to them. Minor issue. THAT is the "everyday SHTF" that is happening RIGHT NOW. And THAT is worth saving a little extra and preparing for.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Having legitimate concerns and complaints does not legitimize a free-for-all.

I see you are new to INGO. Allow me to welcome you to INGO.

I agree with what they are doing in oregon. Someond had to stand up against the gov

By taking over Ranger Rick's bird watching HQ while FBI HRT sits outside playing Hearts?

That will bring .gov quickly to their knees.:D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just look at this thread. A lot of people just lump them all together and they're not. Conservatives, liberals. Doesn't seem to matter. Honestly, I lumped them altogether until I talked with the guy in Portland. That changed my outlook.

He feels they're fighting against "treehuggers" in these agencies who don't like that the current federal law has provided for leasing public lands for grazing for generations. Then the national media makes them all out to be idiots when the nuttier ones push back in this way. I have to admit though, that the local channel I saw reporting on the story gave ranchers pretty fair treatment and explained the issue from their point of view.

This guy definitely doesn't like them.
    Then again, if you read his facebook......
    He's the guy was talking about bombing gun shows and killing gun owners.

https://www.facebook.com/willie.w.walker

[h=5]Willie Wilburn Walker[/h]January 5 at 8:20am ·

I wish someone would post the names and addresses of these cowardly nuts so good folks can visit them and pay a social call some dark night.

Fire burned about 130 acres to conceal poaching
    The prosecutor said witnesses saw the Hammonds illegally slaughter a herd of deer on public land. "At least seven deer were shot with others limping or running from the scene," Williams wrote. He s...
    exposingthebiggame.wordpress.com

4 people like this.

[h=6]Comments[/h]
    Remove
    Jack Richards WHY is the Federal government afraid of these ass holes??? smile emoticon

January 5 at 7:31am

[h=5]Willie Wilburn Walker shared High Country News's post.[/h]January 5 at 7:58am ·

Some history of the welfare ranchers of the west I fought against as a member of the earth first group.

High Country NewsLike PageJanuary 4 at 2:47pm ·

Wondering what's going on with the occupation of the wildlife refuge in Oregon? Read our coverage on the topic spanning 40 years.

Forty years of Sagebrush Rebellion
    The Oregon occupation, the 2014 Bundy standoff and many other stories are all related to a long-simmering movement.
    hcn.org

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I see you are new to INGO. Allow me to welcome you to INGO.

By taking over Ranger Rick's bird watching HQ while FBI HRT sits outside playing Hearts?

That will bring .gov quickly to their knees.:D

Come on. You know that feds don't have hearts. My guess is that they have invented their own proprietary game, Clubs, which fits with their method of operation better!

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I happen to Agree with the Bundys. All those federal lands should be returned to the people. All the people, Like all 300 million of us. I mean, our Army took it fair and square back in the day right? But it seems like it will be pretty difficult to manage, especially for those of use who live far away, so lets set up an organization to Manage the Land. Maybe some kind of Bureau. Hey that's catchy, the Bureau of land Management, we can call it the BLM for short. And this BLM can set up park stations, take care of forest fires, make space for scientific study, and preserve wilderness areas for wild herds to graze. Sounds good to me. And Some private interests may want to use that land for private enterprise to make a profit! Thats great! But they should have to pay for a lease, or fees, or an extra tax to compensate all of us for using our land. Nothing expensive, pennies on the dollar really compared to what other private landowners would charge, and that money could offset the costs of the running the BLM. Sound good to everyone? Awesome thanks Bundys!

Top Bottom