• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The federal govt shouldn't be loaning anybody anything..... if you want to loan Ammon the Moocher your money, send him a check, but my tax money shouldn't be used so someone can run their business.

Or go to college? Agreed. Or pay for their ACA? Agreed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh I agree. But you and I aren't the only voters.

Do you understand how an SBA loan works?

When I bought my business I talked to 4 different banks. Three of them offered to set me up as an SBA loan; only 1 offered it without. I did not take the SBA loan, but many of my colleagues have.

Do you have this same judgment for anyone who took a student loan?

That entirely depends on if they're ranting and raving about the abuses of federal govt.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    That entirely depends on if they're ranting and raving about the abuses of federal govt.

I rant and rave about the abuses of federal government. But I take my tax deductions. If I didn't, I couldn't economically survive because I couldn't refuse to turn over all the $$ they force me to pay.

I never said they were constitutional purists nor do I defend their actions.

But if you want to call people moochers for using a system we are forced in to, then you will never listen to anyone's opinion.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Works for me. Don't set them up as martyrs. The nutsos calling for the feds to go in guns blazing might just create a 21st century John Brown. They might count to ten, and think again how this should be handled.

About 80% of the liberals I have talked to just want them killed; they don't care.

My larger concern is what that would set off.

While I can't find anyone who fully supports their action, the western states are more in sympathy with the land issues than just a few outspoken critics.

And they should be. The rest of us live in states where federal territory was turned over and the western states have been treated differently.

For example, during the Bundy ranch issue in 2014 the state of Utah used public health law to state they would refuse to allow the Bundy cattle to be transported through the state, thus giving the feds nowhere practical to go if they took the cattle.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I rant and rave about the abuses of federal government. But I take my tax deductions. If I didn't, I couldn't economically survive because I couldn't refuse to turn over all the $$ they force me to pay.

I never said they were constitutional purists nor do I defend their actions.

But if you want to call people moochers for using a system we are forced in to, then you will never listen to anyone's opinion.

Different monster all together. I understand taking deductions because you/we are taxed on things we shouldn't be, to fund programs, and agencies, that shouldn't exist. It's one thing to get money that essentially is yours in the first place, but quite another to hold your hand out, and ask govt to take my money so you can improve your business.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    but quite another to hold your hand out, and ask govt to take my money so you can improve your business.
    Or to lease land at below market rates then complain that you don't like the terms and the lessor has no right to the land you're leasing on the cheap.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You mean like every everytown and moms demand action protests?

Good examples.

The authorities know who the leaders are likely know everyone participating. Now go away and encourage the TV cameras to leave as well. These guys will eventually leave and if someone really wants to prosecute someone, there's plenty of time for that. This wouldn't work in every case, but in this one, I think it would.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Different monster all together. I understand taking deductions because you/we are taxed on things we shouldn't be, to fund programs, and agencies, that shouldn't exist. It's one thing to get money that essentially is yours in the first place, but quite another to hold your hand out, and ask govt to take my money so you can improve your business.

I'm pretty 'pure' as a libertarian, but I don't care at all if people accept government benefits when they're available.

Every one of us is forced to pay into this system. And we are forced to try to make a living in an economy that is stifled by this system.

On the other hand, if you vote for more of this system, then we have a problem.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    IMG_1059-1024x1024.jpg

Top Bottom