• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I dunno. Leaving it to locals could simply be a smart choice and avoid the armed conflict. From what I've seen of these guys, they are a lot more likely to cooperate with local law enforcement than with federal.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I dunno. Leaving it to locals could simply be a smart choice and avoid the armed conflict. From what I've seen of these guys, they are a lot more likely to cooperate with local law enforcement than with federal.

I agree leaving things to locals could be a good/smart move. It's just so uncharacteristic... usually he's very fast to have an opinion or send his AG even when the Fed govt is not a party involved resulting in an escalation...

-rvb

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Perhaps. That's not to say that the Feds don't have issues here that they wanna take a chance on being exposed.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

They are more likely to cooperate with the locals. This approach is also far more likely to keep a lid on the long pattern of federal abuse of these people.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    They are more likely to cooperate with the locals. This approach is also far more likely to keep a lid on the long pattern of federal abuse of these people.

which isn't going to be addressed by this particular action anyway

Had the Hammonds asked for protection from going to jail again, the response might be different because a lot more individuals might be standing in front of them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Leaving local law enforcement issues to locals is almost always a good idea. However, we could make a quite a list of the occasions when the feds and President himself have stepped into or commented upon local issues.

Here: federal criminal case is the reason for it, federal property is being occupied by an an armed force....and it's a local issue.

Sure, probably smarter....and also inconsistent.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Leaving it to locals could simply be a smart choice and avoid the armed conflict. From what I've seen of these guys, they are a lot more likely to cooperate with local law enforcement than with federal.

1. It's not a local issue, it is federal.

2. The brain trust of the yahoos is a knot of knuckleheads from . . . Nevada, which is not in Oregon.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Can an INGO attorney share some insight for why this was prosecuted under the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996?

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-104publ132/html/PLAW-104publ132.htm

Ken from Popehat gives a good breakdown.

This was an uneventful, routine trial, sentencing, and appeal.

I still have no idea why the domestic terrorists chose this case as a flash point.

https://popehat.com/2016/01/04/what-happened-in-the-hammond-sentencing-in-oregon-a-lawsplainer/

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

2. The brain trust of the yahoos is a knot of knuckleheads from . . . Nevada, which is not in Oregon.

Completely federal.

It is shame the terrorists are still occupying the United States of America.

We can send an MRAP for a bag weed. We can throw grenades into baby cribs for a hit of meth. But, we can't get a couple of conservatives out of Ranger Rick's field office.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Completely federal.

We can send an MRAP for a bag weed. We can throw grenades into baby cribs for a hit of meth. But, we can't get a couple of conservative extremists out of Ranger Rick's field office.

Not entirely true. We can't send an MRAP to rescue Ranger Rick's office without having the feds being set out front for the sh*t they have been pulling for a long time now, which is why the Kenyan won't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Completely federal.

We can send an MRAP for a bag weed. We can throw grenades into baby cribs for a hit of meth. But, we can't get a couple of conservatives out of Ranger Rick's field office.

Well if nothing else it shows the benefit of being armed, doesn't it? I'm certainly not condoning the home invasions you mention, and I don't even support the specific action these guys took. I'm just saying that if and when a time comes when you think a government is being tyrannical, maybe it really is better to be armed and hold them off :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I suppose that the addition of a question mark in my post above would add some clarity to my sometimes rambling thoughts:

...Here: federal criminal case is the reason for it, federal property is being occupied by an armed force....and it's a local issue?

Sure, probably smarter....and also inconsistent.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Not entirely true. We can't send an MRAP to rescue Ranger Rick's office without having the feds being set out front for the sh*t they have been pulling for a long time now, which is why the Kenyan won't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

What does Kenya have to do with....

Oh, never mind.

Religious war has come to America. Captain Morini seems to be leading the charge.

Remember when the Bundy Funday Sunday crowd wanted to tell us about "the negro"? Hmmmm....

"I didn't come here to shoot I came here to die."#bundymilitia, (will ID only as "Capt. Moroni")

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/01/04/why-the-oregon-militia-is-citing-the-book-of-mormons-military-stud-muffin/

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Completely federal.

Well, we let them occupy several buildings in D.C.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    OK, thanks for confirming that you don't have a factual objection to my conclusion. Your support is appreciated.

When you call the President a Kenyan you show your true colors in more way than one.

I could continue, but I don't know if it is within the board rules to point out blatant racism and a tendency towards the extreme right wing.

Top Bottom