• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Militia Rising

Just caught this hour docu on Discovery after the latest Sons of Guns episode. Militia Rising (TV 2012) - IMDb. Militia Rising follows three different groups of a decentralized militia group called the Watchmen of America. One of them is the Watchmen of Indiana. They have a website (welcome to the 21st century). WATCHMEN OF INDIANA. They appear to be headquartered out of Westfield, just north of Carmel and west of Noblesville. Anybody got any info on these guys?

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Is anyone else watching this show? and why do all the guys from Indiana look like they took an extra samich while in the chow line???

The men in Arizona seem to be fairly organized and have quality weapons. The guys in Florida are a complete cluster #$@&. One recruit said" this is my first time with the AK platform" but he had a AR and the mag fell out.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    These guys are killing me. I know it's not supposed to be a comedy, but...

Especially the calorically-challenged fellers from Indiana, talking about 'coming in fast and hard'. How is that possible?? :dunno:

All the yelling is a bit much. A militia doesn't have to be like boot camp, or? I'm assuming the better model would be irregulars like the Soviet partisans or VC.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    This show is going to give gun owners and peepers a bad name. These guys ALL have poor trigger discipline. They're constantly sweeping each other with loaded weapons. The guys from Indiana are huge. If one of these guys came up to me I would die, of laughter.

I'm pretty sure the "Colonel" from Indiana came on ingo to recruit and was laughed out of the site. IIRC he was a convicted sex offender or something. For some reason the screen name "MadDog" is popping up in my head but I cannot check from my phone.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    If I saw the Florida bunch coming to 'rescue' me, I'd call FEMA I think. :):

All the paramilitary **** chat seems preposterous. Why not just talk like civilians?

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    This show is going to give gun owners and peepers a bad name. These guys ALL have poor trigger discipline. They're constantly sweeping each other with loaded weapons. The guys from Indiana are huge. If one of these guys came up to me I would die, of laughter.

I'm pretty sure the "Colonel" from Indiana came on ingo to recruit and was laughed out of the site. IIRC he was a convicted sex offender or something. For some reason the screen name "MadDog" is popping up in my head but I cannot check from my phone.
    I remember that.

It was pretty comical. I missed the show, but it's on again at midnight. I've got it set to record.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting, an intense thread started and ended in late Aug., 2011.

I just heard Nantz make the claim that they were away from the fallout zone if any of the nuclear power plants in Illinois were to pop their corks. I found this dubious, so I looked it up. Nuclear Illinois The vast majority of them are in northern Illinois, mostly around Chicago, but there's one plant with one reactor, slated to become two reactors strong in Clinton, IL. One need not be a geography genius to realize that Clinton, IL is directly west of Westfield, IL, so unless they like to do their field ops in Brown Co., they are definitely in the dead zone for a nuclear catastrophe. Even in southern Indiana, you're threatened by the fallout from the Callaway, MO powerplant, should it go pear shaped. (or maybe mushroom shaped would be a better metaphor.)

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    LOL. The Watchmen's website has two of the best indicators of Fed involvement:

Military-style "rank" system

Online application for membership

Might as well wear a banana costume and run down the street screaming "I'm ready to be arrested. Sign me up for your Federal fabricated terror plots."

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    If I saw the Florida bunch coming to 'rescue' me, I'd call FEMA I think. :):

All the paramilitary **** chat seems preposterous. Why not just talk like civilians?

It makes them tacticool rambos . One of the guys in florida did graduate infantry school and jump school but washed out of ranger school so at one point in his life did have some skills but he is surrounded by morons.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    It makes them tacticool rambos . One of the guys in florida did graduate infantry school and jump school but washed out of ranger school so at one point in his life did have some skills but he is surrounded by morons.

The Wolverines didn't talk or act like this. I'm putting my money on them!:rockwoot:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The Florida and Indiana guys concern me as a bunch of potential brigands, who would decide to 'restore order' after a catastrophe. If they want to secure their own neighborhoods, fine. Just stay out of mine, thank you.

Top Bottom