• ...and so much more!
  • Beretta M9 Replacement

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    No need to replace it, were already into it for awhile why spend more to buy something else? Give the troops more good magazines and keep the junk magazines away. The Beretta is quite surgical with a little practice.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Bacon, of course; every servicemen needs a snack ready to be munched! Agree with whiskeytangofoxtrot-quality magazines!. Also, dump the FMJ and issue a good quality hollow point.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I stay stick with the m9. Rarely need or use the rail for anything. Add ons to the rail may not be allowed depending on how much of an a$$ your unit leaders want to be. It has almost no recoil which means it's faster back on target and faster follow up shots, and this is ideal for those who join and are not already proficient or experienced with firearms.

The safety!!!...personally, if you accidentally engage the safety while racking it and DONT notice it....you haven't trained enough/properly...not to mention...that's what the slide release is for

Night sights...not a complaint IMO.....we were issued night vision for a reason nights sights would be utterly useless

If they want more knock down capability, change the specs on their crappy 9mm ammo, not spend another billion dollars on new guns which work very well as it is. Don't get me wrong, I like 1911's...but for today's general military purposes the Beretta surpasses

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Bacon, of course; every servicemen needs a snack ready to be munched! Agree with whiskeytangofoxtrot-quality magazines!. Also, dump the FMJ and issue a good quality hollow point.

This/\ /\ /\

Ditch the politically correct 9mm FMJ and go with a good hollow point. With quality 18 round flush mags giving the M9 a 19 round total capacity, good HPs would really make a good pistol even better.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    HPs are a violation of the Geneva Convention or something; gotta be FMJ for combat. Heh, the M9 needs to be back on target for a followup, you need to shoot everyone twice. Where do you think the term "doubletap" came from? There's a design that's been around a while that might work, what was his name? Browning or somesuch. Fires a bigger bullet, .45 I think. They might have some success with that.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    actually, it's the hague convention which prohibits hollow points...which predates the geneva convention.......also, however the military is going to consider the cost of ammunition as well which is another reason why the 45 lost when they switched to the 9mm....plus mag capacity

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I'm going to guess that they will go with something that has an external manual safety. I would lean toward sig, but we all know how the gov't thinks sdrawkcab ssa!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    The Corps already has the proper replacement for the M9 figured out. M45 Close Quarters Combat Pistol.

All hail St. John Moses Browning and pass the ammunition.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    they've only submitted the RFP for the purchase of "up to 12,000"...that's not exactly transitioning to the 45 rather than testing the waters....but it's a step in that direction none the less

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    lol....the world changes.....anything which we are expected to abide by (internationally) should be "re-visited" every 50 years or so I think....the fact that we abide by laws and nobody we engage does...is only a weakness on our part......there is no such thing as/room for "sportsmanship" in war

Top Bottom