• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    I won't typically waste my time unless they are attempting to gain from it somehow (free drinks, meal, etc.) and I'm most likely to simply point it out to those who are being misled. I don't have a bit of sympathy for any of them though, if someone who earned the creds wants to make them lick the pavement I won't intervene.

I like your style +1

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Being a marine if I saw it and knew he was a fake. If call him out and either make him take off the uniform or publicly humiliate him for trying to clam a title he never earned

:+1: Can't stand them. Even though its been a few years since my last Marine Corps Ball and I look like grizzly adams I would still make them pay.

Femme Assise

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Personally I find it very disrespectful to impersonate military personnel in light of all the sacrifices our men and women in uniform have given. I think if I knew for a fact that they were a fake I would call them out on it, but would avoid making a scene. Anyone watch Don Shipley's "phony SEAL of the week" videos?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Being a marine if I saw it and knew he was a fake. If call him out and either make him take off the uniform or publicly humiliate him for trying to clam a title he never earned

Being a military poser is despicable and I have no problem with the reaction to it that is presented in the video. With that being said, Just how will you "make him take off the uniform"?

I wear a military cammo hat at all times. Often people ask me where I served and I answer that It's just a hat. Occasionally a bad-a$$ed Marine will offer to take it from me........ Until I offer to shoot him in his nuts.

I suspect that you aren't a proud Marine, or you would have capitalized the word "Marine", so "publicly humiliate him for trying to clam a title he never earned" is good enough.

Last edited:

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I was wearing an airforce lanyard around my neck one day at the post office and an older gentleman asked me what unit i was in, i didnt understand what he was talking about until he mentioned the fact that i had the lanyard. I simply told him I never served, but I've had a lot of close friends who did.

SwissnSteak

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2014
    Goshen
    I outed my ex father in law to his daughter... that went over real well. I its also funny to run into.one wjo was kicked out of your basi training company for supidity.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I remember sitting at an airport bar with a buddy of mine. We were waiting on different flights to different places and just happened to run into each other. He was a certified EOD badass. I knew a bit of his history and held him in high regard. He was pretty soft-spoken guy, like most of the actual operators I have met in my time in. Anyway, we were shooting the **** and some E-nothing comes in wearing four rows of fruit salad with both a SEAL and an EOD pin. He excused himself and walked over and whispered in the guys ear. You could see the guys eyes get wide and then he went to the head. When he came out all his ribbons, etc. were gone. I asked my buddy and he said, aw, no big deal. Just a kid who wanted to impress the girls back home on his first leave. My friend had told him that while he understood what he was trying to do he needed to wait until he had actually earned them. He told the kid the only way he was leaving that bar still in possession of those ribbons and pins would be carrying them rectally. The kid made the right choice. We had a good laugh.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I won't typically waste my time unless they are attempting to gain from it somehow (free drinks, meal, etc.) and I'm most likely to simply point it out to those who are being misled

This ^^^^ :yesway:

If they want to look like fools then let them. As long as they aren't using it to their advantage then let 'em be. It would've been a full time job back in the 70's to police these people since everyone was wearing surplus uniforms in one way or the other.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Call 'em out!!! Cause it's fun to watch!!

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I worked have been subjected to 2 such idiots in the work place that made claims of sniper/force recon etc. all the jumping from Helo's tails of glory.

I did some snooping through some connections and learned that one was motor pool most of his tour and the other a cook. Never brought it up but did get in a few good jabs.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Sometimes just finding out that they can't be trusted is worthwhile. No, I don't confront people unless they are trying to use it to their gain. Well, unless they become really obnoxious about it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sometimes just finding out that they can't be trusted is worthwhile. No, I don't confront people unless they are trying to use it to their gain. Well, unless they become really obnoxious about it.

When I found out the alleged sniper was Motor pool I invited him out for some shooting. He asked where and how far. I said does it matter, we will be shooting and mostly at 250 yds and out. He made some excuses and bowed out. I did this in front of several other techs so as to get him to STFU. I worked at least around me.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When I found out the alleged sniper was Motor pool I invited him out for some shooting. He asked where and how far. I said does it matter, we will be shooting and mostly at 250 yds and out. He made some excuses and bowed out. I did this in front of several other techs so as to get him to STFU. I worked at least around me.

Funny how these wanna-be operators can never fit a range trip into their schedule.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Funny how these wanna-be operators can never fit a range trip into their schedule.

I even made my Rem. 700 available to him.........:laugh:

I have friends and relatives that gave part or all of their lives for the service. I will not tolerate a poser. Imitation LEO/Firefighter/military is to me a non-forgivable offense.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I even made my Rem. 700 available to him.........:laugh:

I have friends and relatives that gave part or all of their lives for the service. I will not tolerate a poser. Imitation LEO/Firefighter/military is to me a non-forgivable offense.

The world is full of asshats. I am secure in the belief that they will have to answer for this. I, too, have a few things I will have to answer for so I prefer to spend my time setting my house in order as much as I can.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The world is full of asshats. I am secure in the belief that they will have to answer for this. I, too, have a few things I will have to answer for so I prefer to spend my time setting my house in order as much as I can.

Well said and agree. I have much to atone for in this life. I best get busy.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If we all spent a little more time fixing ourselves and a lot less time worrying about fixing others the world would be a better place...and we'd have a lot of bored/frustrated leftists.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I know plenty of veterans including officers and enlisted personnel and one command sargeant major from all service branches except the Coast Guard. None of them do much talking about their life in the military and certainly do not brag about anything that they have done. I say let the guy do all the talking he wants until it adversely impacts you and forces some kind of confrontation. Most people should recognize a fake from the real thing. I did not have the privilege of serving in the military. The loss of a lateral and medial meniscus and an anterior cruciate ligament in my right knee from high school football kept me from the Air Force pilot and navigator school in 1973.

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    Being a military poser is despicable and I have no problem with the reaction to it that is presented in the video. With that being said, Just how will you "make him take off the uniform"?

I wear a military cammo hat at all times. Often people ask me where I served and I answer that It's just a hat. Occasionally a bad-a$$ed Marine will offer to take it from me........ Until I offer to shoot him in his nuts.

I suspect that you aren't a proud Marine, or you would have capitalized the word "Marine", so "publicly humiliate him for trying to clam a title he never earned" is good enough.

OK... to clarify somethings.. for make him take the uniform off. i dont mean physically cuz thats a lawsuit waiting to happen (unless you is reaping rewards for having it on IE money). i meant asked him to take it off repeatedly(probably in a not so nice way). if you wear a hat and if asked. you say its just a hat or you wear it to honor someone/branch, thats cool all the more to you. if your wearing a full unifrom and everything and dont know **** about it/ making it look like a bag of ass. then im gonna say something.

and to polity say this.. you can suspect all you want, to each their own. but i am a proud Marine. i have horrible spelling/grammer but none the less it does not take away from my commitment and love for the Corps.

Top Bottom