• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    In my working life I met two guy on separate occasions. One guy I worked with. He told a story about being with Special Forces in Viet Nam, special ops in Laos and he had to be extracted and sent home so the world wouldn't know he was on this clandestine mission. It was all I could do to keep a straight face as I knew this guys background. He was deaf in one ear since childhood. Actually, I felt sorry for him.
    The other guy was a lawyer and a big time Dem. He told me a similar story of how he was a CIA "spook" in Laos. In reality, I knew he went from college to law school to practicing law and was never in the military. He must have thought I was pretty stupid. I think if you want to out these guys in public, just ask them what their first general order is. Of course any GI will have the answer, the phony, well his eyes will just glaze over.

I try not to be cynical of my fellow human beings, but I often think these guys with Bozo haircuts and beards wearing a field jacket and Viet Nam Vet hat are phonies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    These guys are bold...in a sad, cowardly way. Claiming all this experience and operator status.

Makes my brag of spending Gulf War I keeping Saddam out of Grand Rapids, MI look pathetic. Hey, someone had to.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I know plenty of veterans including officers and enlisted personnel and one command sargeant major from all service branches except the Coast Guard. None of them do much talking about their life in the military and certainly do not brag about anything that they have done. .

This^^^^ My dad is a Vietnam vet and most of the stories he talks about are funny stories about some of the great guys he served with. I spent a week in Vietnam 2 years ago with 6 other vets he served with as well, there was no bragging involved with any of them. The main thing I heard any of them talk about was not how hard it was watching a friend die but how hard it was watching the kids over there they got to know that were killed.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    These guys are bold...in a sad, cowardly way. Claiming all this experience and operator status.

Makes my brag of spending Gulf War I keeping Saddam out of Grand Rapids, MI look pathetic. Hey, someone had to.

My dad is quite proud of the fact that while he was in the AF in England (RAF Chicksands) during his stint - that not a single Viet-Cong made it to England.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I call out everyone I see in uniform, with licence plates, etc. Sure 99% of the time they really are military, but that 1% of the time when I catch someone is worth all the black eyes and bruised ribs!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    OK... to clarify somethings.. for make him take the uniform off. i dont mean physically cuz thats a lawsuit waiting to happen (unless you is reaping rewards for having it on IE money). i meant asked him to take it off repeatedly(probably in a not so nice way). if you wear a hat and if asked. you say its just a hat or you wear it to honor someone/branch, thats cool all the more to you. if your wearing a full unifrom and everything and dont know **** about it/ making it look like a bag of ass. then im gonna say something.

and to polity say this.. you can suspect all you want, to each their own. but i am a proud Marine. i have horrible spelling/grammer but none the less it does not take away from my commitment and love for the Corps.

Ok. Sorry to be suspicious. I got salty because I have had more than one run-in with sad sack "Marines" pretending to be tough. I have the greatest respect for the Corps, unless they start behaving like thugs.

If you don't mind clarifying just once more, are you a graduate of the toughest school in the Marine Corps? Are you in reality a Scout Sniper? That's pretty proud.........

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'm spec ops in the sedentary army. 3rd Armchair recon, INGO division. Served three tours in the war on finding the television remote.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I call out everyone I see in uniform, with licence plates, etc. Sure 99% of the time they really are military, but that 1% of the time when I catch someone is worth all the black eyes and bruised ribs!

I'm glad you used purple. I'm too old for black eyes and bruised ribs.

You see, my son is an infantry officer in the Corps. He loves his men and would gladly die for his brothers. I've supported him through OCS, TBS and IOC at Quantico, and through two somewhat kinetic tours in Afghanistan. During that time, my truck has sported an EGA and "USMC" on the sides, as well as USMC stickers and a front license plate that says "USMC DAD." It's my way of showing support for ALL Marines, and especially for our son. And, when he get out in June, the Corp stuff will come off the truck.

He has given me USMC shirts, hats and I've bought some stuff like sweatshirts myself with USMC on them. I wear them proudly, and on the few occasions that I'm asked about serving, I am quick to reply with, "It's our son who's in the Corps -- I'm not man enough!" However, despite my good intentions, I always wonder if people naturally conclude that I am a Marine, and the last thing I would do is impersonate our nation's best.

I know that's not exactly the same as parading around in an unearned uniform and spouting off about imaginary exploits, but it feels the same. I'll almost be glad when he's out of the Corps so I won't feel like an imposter.

Weird, huh? :dunno:

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    I'm glad you used purple. I'm too old for black eyes and bruised ribs.

You see, my son is an infantry officer in the Corps. He loves his men and would gladly die for his brothers. I've supported him through OCS, TBS and IOC at Quantico, and through two somewhat kinetic tours in Afghanistan. During that time, my truck has sported an EGA and "USMC" on the sides, as well as USMC stickers and a front license plate that says "USMC DAD." It's my way of showing support for ALL Marines, and especially for our son. And, when he get out in June, the Corp stuff will come off the truck.

He has given me USMC shirts, hats and I've bought some stuff like sweatshirts myself with USMC on them. I wear them proudly, and on the few occasions that I'm asked about serving, I am quick to reply with, "It's our son who's in the Corps -- I'm not man enough!" However, despite my good intentions, I always wonder if people naturally conclude that I am a Marine, and the last thing I would do is impersonate our nation's best.

I know that's not exactly the same as parading around in an unearned uniform and spouting off about imaginary exploits, but it feels the same. I'll almost be glad when he's out of the Corps so I won't feel like an imposter.

Weird, huh? :dunno:

its not exactly the same. If your seen by another marine rocking a bunch usmc clothes they would probably think your a boot or a family member. Since you say you have a son I am gonna guess your older looking so I would guess dad if I saw you.

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    Ok. Sorry to be suspicious. I got salty because I have had more than one run-in with sad sack "Marines" pretending to be tough. I have the greatest respect for the Corps, unless they start behaving like thugs.

If you don't mind clarifying just once more, are you a graduate of the toughest school in the Marine Corps? Are you in reality a Scout Sniper? That's pretty proud.........

Not a problem I know plenty of junior marines thst act tough and ruin are image to the public. No I am not a scout sniper and I have never claimed to be. It's a username thst I have used for everything since I was about 12. It's just stuck with me.

Also to rate schools in the corps it would go roughly like MARSOC, recon, and then scout sniper.

gunman48v

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2013
    [h=1]18 U.S. Code § 702 - Uniform of armed forces and Public Health Service[/h]It saddens me to read that some of you here wouldn't call these people out! They HAVEN'T earned the RIGHT to wear these uniforms!!! I would have ripped those patches off. I guess those of you who just "ignore" these idiots also ignore companies and households who have ripped and faded US Flags flying, when you have the right to notify and/or remove the flag?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think it is ok to call out posers like this, but it looks like these vets went over the top. They didn't know when to let it go. In this case, when the poser, walked away, it made him look better than the vets.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom