Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, that was quick. :):

Ok I have a a few many a metric ****-ton of questions.

Did some guy's wife send him a text and ask him why he's in a coup?

Did the General tell the troops they were Opposing Force (OPFOR) in EXERCISE NOT REALLY A COUP?

Did some dude happen to check his news feed and say, "WHAT THE ****!!??"

At what point do you say, "Hey guys, I think this is a coup!!"??

Did some NCO use his Chief Wiggum voice when he said, "That's some good coup-stoppin, boys."

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    The one they were trying to overthrough was a blatant left-wing commie. Too bad they didn't get him. Of course I'm sure the ones starting the coupe were no better. Really no options were good...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ok I have a a few many a metric ****-ton of questions.

Did some guy's wife send him a text and ask him why he's in a coup?

Did the General tell the troops they were Opposing Force (OPFOR) in EXERCISE NOT REALLY A COUP?

Did some dude happen to check his news feed and say, "WHAT THE ****!!??"

At what point do you say, "Hey guys, I think this is a coup!!"??

Did some NCO use his Chief Wiggum voice when he said, "That's some good coup-stoppin, boys."

Probably something like "there's a coup happening, we're going to go stop it."

You know how it is, you never know the whole mission. How hard would it be to tell one unit "hold this road, a rogue element is trying to breach" and another unit "there's a rogue element blockading the road ahead" and set each a mission accordingly. Both think they are the good guys following lawful orders if the deception holds.

It's just way harder to pull that sort of wool these days with all the instant communication and socials.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Probably something like "there's a coup happening, we're going to go stop it."

You know how it is, you never know the whole mission. How hard would it be to tell one unit "hold this road, a rogue element is trying to breach" and another unit "there's a rogue element blockading the road ahead" and set each a mission accordingly. Both think they are the good guys following lawful orders if the deception holds.

It's just way harder to pull that sort of wool these days with all the instant communication and socials.
    Are you saying give these orders then cut all communications then those orders would continue?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Just wondering. No cellphone service, no internet, news, media TV, radio etc. With that a coup in Bolivia might have worked?

Here does .gov have the ability to shut all that down if they so choose? Possibly through the emergency system.
    At&t provides emergency military communications for the government for a large sum. In turn I’m sure their ability to shut off a large segment of civilian communications has been provided to the government. At&T’s national network carries at least in portion all traffic from every provider. So somewhere your Tmobile or verizon call will traverse their network and be under at&t control. Same for Internet traffic. HAM might be more difficult to be interrupted, those that are familiar would know for sure.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    FYI,

The Army has jammers. Only God knows what Space Force has.

disclaimer
    I will not confirm that statement Nor is this an admission of knowledge.
    I like my retirement and do not wanna lose my blue id.

Top Bottom