• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeremyVG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Michigan City, IN
    For those of us in the LaPorte County area who are looking for a place to buy firearms and other assorted items, Mike's Country Store at 9977 N St Rd 39, LaPorte now has their FFL.

The gun department is toward the right rear area of the store. The department manager's name is Jerry.

They're small and still trying to get their foot in the door in this area, but they're friendly and do transfers for $15.

If you get the chance, check them out.

JiNx0036

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Michigan City
    +1 for Mike's. Jerry is a great guy and very friendly. I contacted them by walk in about doing a transfer for me from Spikes since they didn't have any lower recievers in stock. Jerry faxed in his info to them in a few minutes when I called the next day since they didn't have his FFL on file with Spikes. A week later he called to let me know my package had arrived and provided me with a quick and painless checkout for $15.

Mike's is just starting out just like the OP stated so their selection is small right now and prices can seem a bit high but for the service and someone actually wanting to start up a conversation with you, I'll gladly pay the extra money. Jerry provided what 2 other local shops failed to accomplish or blatanly ingnored. I'll choose to do business locally with Mike's Country Store from now on.

Keep up the good work guys!!

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    The only thing about Mike's is his prices are too high on guns. Transfers are another story, and they are very helpful.

Top Bottom