• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Hard to write about something when you know nothing about it.
    And I bet Mike is a "gun guy" cause he bought a gun, put it in his closet. Oh, and his dad had one, locked up, never taken out.
    I bet that means he's Huff&poo's staff member assigned to churn out all their anti-gun crap.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, I've read stuff from "Mike the Gun Guy" for a while. I like to keep track of differing opinions. Try to see their logic. Evaluate their logic. Try to create counter arguments, etc.

Here's some info on "Mike the Gun Guy"

Mike-Weisser.jpg

From the Huff Pro "Mike Weisser" description
    Mike Weisser
    Gun business for 35 years as a retailer, wholesaler, importer and firearms trainer. NRA Life member. Ph.D. in economic history.

From AmmoLand
    Deadbeat Mike Weisser, Ware Gun Shops, Stiffs AmmoLand & Worse The Second Amendment
    He's a deadbeat that had ammoland advertise for his business, then failed to pay for advertisement.
    On good faith we ran his ads, as we do with all our advertisers, and after making him loads of money he stiffed us for $1800.00, dodging all our phone calls and emails ever since.
    They also have some choice things to say about his "facts".

AR.15.com has a few things to say
    Who the heck is this Mike Weisser hemorrhoid, anyway? - AR15.COM

And calguns.net
    Calguns.net - Anti-gun "gun guy" for HuffPo, WTF

Note. I found more about him, but the articles came from places that had so much crap on them, they bogged down the computer. So I left them out.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So, I've read stuff from "Mike the Gun Guy" for a while. I like to keep track of differing opinions. Try to see their logic. Evaluate their logic. Try to create counter arguments, etc.

Here's some info on "Mike the Gun Guy"

Mike-Weisser.jpg

From the Huff Pro "Mike Weisser" description
    Mike Weisser

From AmmoLand
    Deadbeat Mike Weisser, Ware Gun Shops, Stiffs AmmoLand & Worse The Second Amendment
    He's a deadbeat that had ammoland advertise for his business, then failed to pay for advertisement.

They also have some choice things to say about his "facts".

AR.15.com has a few things to say
    Who the heck is this Mike Weisser hemorrhoid, anyway? - AR15.COM

And calguns.net
    Calguns.net - Anti-gun "gun guy" for HuffPo, WTF

Note. I found more about him, but the articles came from places that had so much crap on them, they bogged down the computer. So I left them out.

What a clown. These people are out there. I was listening to a local radio show from back home a week or 2 ago and they had a local ambulance chaser on there and he claimed to be all for the 2A--but. There's more of these guys than we'd like to admit. I loved Colion's response. That was great.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think I've found his problem. It's the same problem most anti-gun people have. They refuse to get to the root cause of he problem. Until they do, this battle will never end.
    It's not that they won't adress the root causes of THIS problem. They're trying to solve a different problem under the guise of solving "gun violence". The problem they're trying to solve is armed citizens.
    He reminds me of Don Davis.
    Huh. Not sure why but he reminds me of Alpo. :stickpoke:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Probably the most outrageous attempt to sell this 'guns-are-cool' nonsense has been the video antics of an African-American lawyer who calls himself Colion Noir, who prances around the NRA video channel coming up with all kinds of hip and cool reasons why we should all own and carry guns. The folks who write his scripts have come up with some kind of concocted blather about using guns for self-defense, but what's really going on here is an effort by the NRA to capture the hearts and minds of younger minority folks, most of whom don't appear to be all that interested in owning guns."

First, genuine "cool" is in the eye of the beholder. Faux cool is in the rhetoric of peer pressure. So, which side seems most genuine and which side is applying peer pressure? It's not all that hard to tell. Second, it seems that as the cultural landscape of the nation is changing. I seems normal that the NRA would want to reflect the diversity of its membership.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's not that they won't adress the root causes of THIS problem. They're trying to solve a different problem under the guise of solving "gun violence". The problem they're trying to solve is armed citizens.

I really do think the vast majority think that by getting rid of guns, they'll solve the violence problems. Most simply don't like guns and conflate the two into a problem solving vector. It's a very shallow vector but I think most really think it's the key. They're wrong of course. And until they understand it's a problem of any number of other things (eg lack of personal responsibility, lack of God in their life, replacing family structure with government, bad education, etc.), things that are hard to fix because they require people to look inward and fix themselves and hold each other accountable...it's just easier to blame objects. Objects don't fight back. And if you gun toters out there would just lay down, they think the problem would be solved quickly.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    [video=youtube;7ylXpBpCvAs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ylXpBpCvAs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

This is why Mike "the gun guy" goes after Colion Noir. Cause Mr. Noir calls him out.
    BURN. To bad the people that need to see the truth like this will never see it.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    The Huffington Post? Good Lord, I don't waste my time reading anything those morons say. With their reputation, I don't have to...already pretty much know which way they go on matters.

singlemalt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Frankfort
    I really do think the vast majority think that by getting rid of guns, they'll solve the violence problems. Most simply don't like guns and conflate the two into a problem solving vector. It's a very shallow vector but I think most really think it's the key. They're wrong of course. And until they understand it's a problem of any number of other things (eg lack of personal responsibility, lack of God in their life, replacing family structure with government, bad education, etc.), things that are hard to fix because they require people to look inward and fix themselves and hold each other accountable...it's just easier to blame objects. Objects don't fight back. And if you gun toters out there would just lay down, they think the problem would be solved quickly.

Plus the law abiding who live in large urban centers don't see the utility of owning firearms. The only things they see and read about are stories where guns have been used to facilitate the commission of crimes. They don't commit crime and so see no need for guns. Plus most of the large urban centers have done everything they can to make it difficult for the average person to get a gun. Unlike shooting enthusiast who know the law, they don't want to run afoul of the law and they don't want to invest the time learning all of the ins and outs to be sure they are abiding by the law. Besides, that's why we have the police. Maybe we just need more officers on the street. Or at least I can see them thinking this way.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You're right. I mentioned a long conversation I had with my BIL over the holidays and you've precisely described him. But the "most", including him are koolaid drinkers. It's the Feinsteins and Boxers and Obamas and Bloombergs, *****es needing action, the press. They are the ones I'm talking about. The only problem they're trying to solve is armed citizens. And they have a good chunk of America believing that disarming ordinary, law abiding citizens, also somehow disarm criminals and will reduce violence.

My BIL spouted all the typical facile, and misleading talking points you hear from Obama, anti-gun groups, legislators, and the press. Not one point was original thought. He's a smart man. But he couldn't explain the "logic" behind all that without repeating what he heard on TV. That tells me he's not thinking for himself. He's been 1984'd. People with a vision to progressively engineer a "great society", which cannot work with an armed citizenry, are thinking for him.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You're right. I mentioned a long conversation I had with my BIL over the holidays and you've precisely described him. But the "most", including him are koolaid drinkers. It's the Feinsteins and Boxers and Obamas and Bloombergs, *****es needing action, the press. They are the ones I'm talking about. The only problem they're trying to solve is armed citizens. And they have a good chunk of America believing that disarming ordinary, law abiding citizens, also somehow disarm criminals and will reduce violence.

My BIL spouted all the typical facile, and misleading talking points you hear from Obama, anti-gun groups, legislators, and the press. Not one point was original thought. He's a smart man. But he couldn't explain the "logic" behind all that without repeating what he heard on TV. That tells me he's not thinking for himself. He's been 1984'd. People with a vision to progressively engineer a "great society", which cannot work with an armed citizenry, are thinking for him.
    And this is precisely what people like "mike the gun guy" are all about. They are media type sheperds that purposely (mis)lead the sheep types like your BIL.

Top Bottom