Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This guy is supposedly a "gun guy".
    At best, he is a Fudd.
    At worst, he is a Troll.

So now he is talking smack about Colin Noir.
    Trying to Reach New Demographics, the NRA Is Outmatched | Mike Weisser
    (Sorry, it is a mobile post, I'm on my cell. Maybe someone can post the regular link)

Anyway, he basically goes after the NRA for being white, and that Colin Noir is just to make guns "cool". Something he disagrees with.
    So, some of the commenters take him to task, as they are (black, brown, whatever)
    Trying to Reach New Demographics, the NRA Is Outmatched | Mike Weisser

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What a fool. I would expect no less from some self righteous, pompous ass Huff and Puff contributor. He's the type that would deride and try to delegitimize a black person for being a Conservative.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You may recall that before he was appointed Attorney General, Eric Holder gave aninterview in which he said that the way to deal with gun violence was to tell kids that guns "weren't cool."

I remember the "brainwashing" statement.

That statement unleashed a storm of acrimony from the NRA and its various noisemaking minions, all of whom were committed to a strategy that promoted guns to millennials and other non-traditional gun-owning demographics on the basis that they were, in fact, cool.

This stuff here sells itself. Little boys make guns out of their hands and Poptarts, really don't need a strategy, numbnuts.

the video antics of an African-American lawyer

Ah, African-Americans and their "antics". Don't let that minstrel show racism crap hit you on the way out, Mikey. Stop reading here, someone else tag in.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I never thought that gun violence was about race, or poverty, or inner-city life or anything of that sort. I always thought that gun violence was about one thing and one thing only: guns.

I think I've found his problem. It's the same problem most anti-gun people have. They refuse to get to the root cause of he problem. Until they do, this battle will never end.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Violence is about one thing and one thing only. V-I-O-L-E-N-C-E. <-- Period. Take away the gun and there will still be violence. Genius. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Violence is about one thing and one thing only. V-I-O-L-E-N-C-E. <-- Period. Take away the gun and there will still be violence. Genius. :rolleyes:

Get rid of guns, knives, metal, explosive chemicals, poisons, etc. and there'll always be rocks, pointy sticks, and fists. It's not what's in the hand. It's what's in the heart.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    That's just a bunch of:poop:. How does he know that "most" NRA members are old white guys in trucks?

I would like to know what proof he has of that. I can't recall any NRA ad trying to cater to any race in particular. Mike is the one making it a race issue.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Get rid of guns, knives, metal, explosive chemicals, poisons, etc. and there'll always be rocks, pointy sticks, and fists. It's not what's in the hand. It's what's in the heart.
    Exactly. His statement boils down to the idiotic notion that just because one possess a gun it's the gun alone that makes them commit the violence.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That's just a bunch of:poop:. How does he know that "most" NRA members are old white guys in trucks?

I would like to know what proof he has of that. I can't recall any NRA ad trying to cater to any race in particular. Mike is the one making it a race issue.

Hey! I'm not old!!

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    When all they have to attack is your character because they cannot deal with your arguments then they have already lost.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I am always comforted by evidence such as this article, where the 'intellectuals' among us, talk just as ignorantly as I do on some matters. :)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I am always comforted by evidence such as this article, where the 'intellectuals' among us, talk just as ignorantly as I do on some matters. :)

Hard to write about something when you know nothing about it.
    And I bet Mike is a "gun guy" cause he bought a gun, put it in his closet. Oh, and his dad had one, locked up, never taken out.

Top Bottom